News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's tailgate time!!!!!

Started by Lady Guinness, July 02, 2009, 05:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus Ex Machina

This time next week, brother....
Legendary Hellraiser

Count Adolfo

this time next week I'll be trying to sleep so I can make it to TAILGATE

BubbleWright

I will be at the Sunday Tailgate and will bring 2 cases of Reading Draft Premium Reserve Sodas, which are made with pure cane sugar. The Variety Case contains: Black Cherry, Sarsaparilla, White Birch, Blueberry Birch, Vanilla Cream, Creamy Red Birch, Strawberry Cream, Orange Cream, Root Beer (2), and Birch Beer (2).  These are all most wondrous sodas, however, one of which is to die for... but I won't tell for fear of fisticuffs breaking out over it. See you all next week....... Felix  ;D ;D ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

LadySeasan

I will be at the tailgate on Saturday! not sure what I can bring, but I will find something :)
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Count Adolfo

Bubblewright, me son will be most pleased to hear there be ROOT beer there
he is most put off when we only bring the type he can't drink

Scotsman

*** ATTENTION ***

Local folks who want to help with set up for tailgate. We will be assembling at the American Legion parking lot at 0815. We will then caravan to faire together at roughly 0830. This will ensure we have a central &  large area to stage tailgate. All those who would like please let me know.

To be fair, anyone coming from out of town who would like to assist ... you are welcome as well.

Lady Guinness, Amras and I usually coordinate this but considering this will be a much larger group we will probably need a larger area.

PLAN OF ACTION:
Upon entering the lot together we will butt up to the road roughly 3-4 feet shy. As traffic fills into the lane behind us we will then pull the vehicles forward the additional 3 - 4 feet allowing for a huge area for tailgate yet not interfering with the parking lot make-up. Should work well. The more participants we have the better it will work

Typically the lot crew does not come on duty until 0845-0900.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scotsman

There will be a lunch gate as well (same place as AM tailgate)... we plan to do this after the photo in the afternoon. All those who would like to contribute/participate are welcome. We plan to have finger food, snacks, sandwiches, meat, cheese and whatever else.

** Ladies ... there will be men in kilts out there
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Count me in, I'll be there to help.

Ohhhhhh. . . Men in Kilts!  :o  ::)  :o  ::)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Arianwyn

Huzzah to men in kilts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott and I would like to contribute......we were planning on picking up something as we travel from Williamsport, PA to Maryland on Friday....not sure what it will be but we will have something.  We are plannig on being at the parking lot for 8:30 so direct us to where we would be best able to help Scotsman......

I wil also have Baileys, Tullemore Dew and Ontario Reisling (2 bottles)

We are so looking forward to seeing all of you.....and please know how much your hard work in organizing this is appreaciated and acknowledged! I truly hope that one day there will be a faire up here in Ontario so we can return your gracious hospitality.

Nancy

Scotsman

Quote from: Arianwyn on August 31, 2009, 07:02:25 AM
I truly hope that one day there will be a faire up here in Ontario so we can return your gracious hospitality.

Your presence at our home faire is return enough. Can't wait to see you again.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Amras Elfwine

Squirrel Wagon tailgate now in standby mode...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

analise

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on August 31, 2009, 08:54:02 AM
Squirrel Wagon tailgate now in standby mode...

I forgot to get my pan from you! (this seems to happen a lot)

Luckily, I don't need it for any of the stuff I plan on making for this weekend's tailgating so....no big deal! :)

Dallan

Scotsman we'll be at the AL 8:15 on Saturday. On Sunday Tim T will have his car as well.
Fight'n

Scotsman

Quote from: Dallan on August 31, 2009, 12:39:39 PM
Scotsman we'll be at the AL 8:15 on Saturday. On Sunday Tim T will have his car as well.

SWEET!!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Count Adolfo

THREE days, 15 hours, 30 minutes...