News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MiRF Campers

Started by maelstrom0370, October 17, 2008, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladyfair

okay campers....... its looking like opening weekend dates have changed...... now to find out if we can alter our camping reseverations
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

sealion

According to the DNR info in front of me you can cancel and be refunded the site fee but not the $8 reservation fee.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Ladyfair

well.... it cost $18 total to cancel/change res..... so... looks like we wont be camping as my site was already booked .... so I just canceled.....

maybe we can figure out something else to do....... there is always the bar to hang out at....lol gonna try the hotels in the area to see what they can offer us.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Jon Foster

Sorry Ladyfair. What about the campground on Dixie? It's at the same corner as the State Police department and where you turn to go to the state campground.

Jon.

flidais

Campground reservations changed....whew!

maelstrom0370

OK...
...so who's still planning to camp at least for Opening Weekend??  I'm booking our site this week (next week at the latest) and will be happy to host a little "get together" if anyone's still interested?

Blue66669

HAHA!!!

Welcome to Clan McLotofus, MICHIGAN CHAPTER!!!!

SWEET!!!
Blaidd Drwg

maelstrom0370

Quote from: blue66669 on June 10, 2009, 03:48:37 PM
HAHA!!!

Welcome to Clan McLotofus, MICHIGAN CHAPTER!!!!

SWEET!!!

LOL...I wish!  You guys are what gave me the idea, but there's not many people who camp.  We'll see how it goes, though.

sealion

Quote from: MaelStrom on June 10, 2009, 03:31:27 PM
OK...
...so who's still planning to camp at least for Opening Weekend??  I'm booking our site this week (next week at the latest) and will be happy to host a little "get together" if anyone's still interested?
I haven't reserved anything for opening weekend as it's still up in the air whether or not we can make it.
We're all set for Labor Day weekend, though. We are arriving Friday and staying 'til Tuesday. :)
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

maelstrom0370

Quote from: sealion on June 10, 2009, 04:26:08 PM
Quote from: MaelStrom on June 10, 2009, 03:31:27 PM
OK...
I haven't reserved anything for opening weekend as it's still up in the air whether or not we can make it.
We're all set for Labor Day weekend, though. We are arriving Friday and staying 'til Tuesday. :)

Hmmm...Opening Weekend is "Come Hell or High Water!!" for us.  We're both (hopefully) starting new jobs soon, so anything else will be at the whim of those schedules.  I'm guessing we'll at least "day trip" a few more times during the course of Faire.

pineridge

For all of Y'all who need camping sites don't forget about 7 lakes state park northwest of holly,,, just a shot down grange hall road from dixie.
two words,,, therapy.

Jon Foster

We've never stayed at Seven Lakes but the camp area is kind of small and I'd imagine it will probably have lots of RV's in it during the summer. Tenters may have to deal with AC units running all night. I remember the first time we tented it with rigs all around us... It was the last time we did that!

Jon.

pineridge

U mean u don't pack in your tentAC unit??
two words,,, therapy.

maelstrom0370

Ok....

Sounds like camping during Opening Weekend is on again!!  When I get our site booked, I'll post it and hopefully we can all (those of us camping, anyways) get something worked out.

maelstrom0370

Yea...so...
Looks like camping is off again!  >:( :'(
BUT...we ARE day tripping whenever possible!!!