News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Magazine

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, October 08, 2008, 03:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Pass the word everyone, Faire Magazine issue one BIG NUMERO UNO, 1) is on the press and will be out in about 1 and a half weeks. You'll want this issue as it has our lovable little faire in it with some of our wonderful cast and visitors and buildings in it.

I don't think you will find it at Barnes and Nobles, Borders or any other place that sells magazines. Your best bet is to go  to www.fairemagazine.com and get a subscription for 1 year done quarterly at $22 a year which is cheap.

Also if your one of the 1st 500 subscribers you get a beautiful Faire Magazine pin to wear around. There are 200 left and they are nice, Toki will be wearing ours.

This magazine is in compitetion to Renaissance Magazine which I understand many faire goers are tired of because of all the wedding issues. Faire Magazine is published by the same person who does Pyrates Way Magazine and is a member of this forum "SirBlackFox"

So I highly encourage you all to get your subscription and pass on the info to all your faire friends and lets show Faire Magazine that Colorado is the best place to live and go to faire.

If you ask why I am posting this is... many of my photo's from this year are in this very 1st edition issue. No I didn't make tons of money, only publicity for my work. Maybe next time it will be another faire goer we all know
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Blushing

I mentioned the new magazine to a BUNCH of people at the Las Vegas faire, and everyone was rather enthusiastic about it.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

HUZZAH

Did you give them the web site address?

Remember the 1st 500 to subscribe get a REALLY nice Faire Magazine pin and it's not tiny. It's about the size of a half dollar. And last I heard he had 200 left, so hurry on and get your subscription and pass it along to others.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Demetrius

Question: It costs $22 per year, so does that have to be paid all at once or can I make payments?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Demetrius on October 15, 2008, 06:23:25 PM
Question: It costs $22 per year, so does that have to be paid all at once or can I make payments?

All at once done through Paypal. $22 a year is a faire (get it faire lol) price. 4 issues so that's $5.50 a issue and you get REAL faire info and not the BS that Renaissance tries to push off on us like a wedding issue every year or twice a year. AND it's done by one of our own of the forum SirBlackFox who BTW also does Pyrates Way magazine which I know Capr Spleen is a subscriber of as I am also as of recently.
"The Metal Maiden"

Blushing

Renaissance Magazine isn't all BS.  But like any publication, it can't be all things to all people.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

blondekarma

Delaney says I'm going to be in it- I'm psyched!  First step, Faire Magazine.  Next step, Vanity Faire.  *innocent hum*

Seriously thought- I can't wait to see it- I'm missing Faire quite a bit these days.  Glad to be able to be back on the forum a bit more *hugs all around*

Je vous aimez!
Your Frenchie
Eloise Marie Cerise Narcisse Benedicte, Marquise de Guise (Aka The Queen of Hearts, The Harlequin, The White Painted Lady, and whatever else)

Note to self: Make efforts next time to add accents =/ lol
I do not fear death- I fear a life unlived.

Be Cause.  See Effect.

If anything matters, then everything matters.

SirBlackFox

I just got the email that the subscriber copies of the magazine ship tomorrow.  I should have them by Tuesday and they'll go in the mail Tuesday night. 

Important note. . . .  if you don't subscribe by Tuesday, you won't be in the first mailing!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Blushing on October 15, 2008, 10:11:05 PM
Renaissance Magazine isn't all BS.  But like any publication, it can't be all things to all people.

Let me rephrase that. Renaissance Magazine Renaissance Faire stuff is very "lacking". The stuff they seem to have is about weddings. The Photos are nice though. I have never seen anything about CoRF (but I haven't seen every issue) The faires are 1 year behind as this last issue of Renaissance had Pittsburg in it and Pittsburg was just starting when the magazine hit (No way they could have gotten photo's in time for publishing). While they do have some good articles about the Renaissance in general, from what I have seen it lacks something. I'm not sure what, but it lacks.

No magazine can be all that to everyone is correct, but I must admit I pick and choose my Renaissance Magazines. When they did the whole Tudor issue on the TV show I avided this issue as the Tudos are Hollywoods answer to a Soap opera done in Renaissance Time. I'm not a fan of that show as it is so historically inaccurate it's not even funny. And we all though Braveheart was inaccurate. I can't even buy John Rhyes Myers as Henry VIII at any age. And the huge focus they put in that issue on that show was a real turn off.

I've heard from freelance writers who have tried to write for Renaissance and have it turned away only to have another article that was inaccurate printed a few months latter. Hzaving seen the original writers work and compare it to Renaissance the one not printed was the better. But I'm not an editor, just a lover of history who wants to read the facts and not inaccuracy's

So by BS I mean some of the stuff they try to pull off. I know many in the Faire community are feed up with Renaissance and that is why SirBlackFox has taken on this venture of Faire Magazine. Most of us want to see a magazine about faires so we can plan visits and dream and pay homage to the faires we all love. While Renaissance has gotten more to the history side, it's not focusing as heavily on the faires except in photos and I think we all need more than that. Faire is meant both as a new idea and as a competition to Renaissance both nice to have. I think I can say some of SirBlackFox's plans are to have articles on garbing, and visits and all things dealing with faire especially the people we know who make faires possible and so loved.

I still plan on picking up Renaissance when it suits me. But Faire I will collect because I hope to visit many other faires in my life and this magazine will help me decide which ones to hit in priority.
"The Metal Maiden"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: blondekarma on October 15, 2008, 11:29:49 PM
Delaney says I'm going to be in it- I'm psyched!  First step, Faire Magazine.  Next step, Vanity Faire.  *innocent hum*

Seriously thought- I can't wait to see it- I'm missing Faire quite a bit these days.  Glad to be able to be back on the forum a bit more *hugs all around*

Je vous aimez!
Your Frenchie
Eloise Marie Cerise Narcisse Benedicte, Marquise de Guise (Aka The Queen of Hearts, The Harlequin, The White Painted Lady, and whatever else)

Note to self: Make efforts next time to add accents =/ lol

As far as I know you are as it was one of the many SirBlackFox wanted.

Just remember if you get the Vanity Fair cover make sure I'm the one doing the photography and it will be a win win for both of us. And no we won't do a Demi Moore pose  ;D
"The Metal Maiden"

Demetrius

It seems like people from faire will be in this magazine. My question is: How will I know if I am in it as well?
I won't have time to pick up the magazine since I will be busy replacing all the doors and windows in my house in preparation for reception of my purification (daylight saving is coming!).

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well my good Teriyaki Chicken Chef, IF all they used for CoRF where my pictures... you didn't make the cut... :( Sorry I guess someone doesn't think your one of the beautiful people... But NOT Me)

And about the ONLY way your going to get it in Colorado is to

1. Find someplace who carries it (Notlikely) or will order it for you.
2. Someone gives you a copy... :( Sorry again mine is spoken for
3. You subscibe online and pay the $22 it costs for 4 awesome issues.

OH Ingram Periodicals INC is the one publishing it so maybe that would help you order a copy. I already checked with Barnes and Nobles and they told me NO. So the Mom and Pop magaine shops are te best bet.

Who is in it that I know of?
Ginger
The BEAUTIFUL but slightly crazy French Princess aka blondekarma on the forum whom we all love :)
Princess Beatrice
Our Goodly King and Queen
The Dragon eating a little girl
The Mad Turk http://www.delaneyalysa.com/CO_Ren_Fest_2008/CORenFaire2008_94.htm
Many buildings
a few signs and
The Water Wheel http://www.delaneyalysa.com/CO_Ren_Fest_2008/CORenFaire2008_92.htm
"The Metal Maiden"

Hey- Arent You?

Your "Mad Turk" is Zazool- the Misfortune Teller.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'd heard  his name before, just could not remember it... Thanks... Hey-Aren't You?
"The Metal Maiden"

Demetrius

Quote from: Lady de Laney on October 17, 2008, 12:40:22 PM
Well my good Teriyaki Chicken Chef, IF all they used for CoRF where my pictures... you didn't make the cut... :( Sorry I guess someone doesn't think your one of the beautiful people... But NOT Me)

Well, I saw in another magazine what I could look like (with the aid of some special products) so I know I could be one of the the beautiful people... but thanks for the support.  ;)

That is quite an impressive list nonetheless! And thanks Hey-Aren't You, it is good to know Zazool made the list.