News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TRF WTF?

Started by Sir Martin, October 13, 2012, 01:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Martin

Not sure if I've seen any discussion of this web site on the R/F forum.  I don't know who operates it (in fact, it appears they go to great lengths to remain anonymous).  It is obvious that the person(s) who run (and contribute to) this newsletter have been working at TRF for several years.  Their commentaries are pointed and sometimes enlightening.  They have insight into activities which only TRF insiders would know.    The archives are interesting, and the editions are a quick read.

The few cartoons that are political or religious in nature are my least favorite part of the newsletter.  The R/F forum guidelines prevent us from getting into religion or political discussions for obvious reasons ... I am only mentioning the TRF WTF site because the behind the scenes info might be interesting to those of us who have inquiring minds.     ;)      They update every week of the season.

http://www.trfwtf.com/

Rani Zemirah

Interesting... and fairly entertaining.  I didn't read the comics, but I did read the rest, and I enjoyed it.  Not too wordy, just the right amount of sarcasm, without bashing anyone or anything too irredeemably... and obviously written by someone who cares what's happening, and not just someone who's out to "pick a bone", as it were.  I'll read more later, I'm sure. 

Interested to hear what others think of it, also...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

PollyPoPo

Interes ... oops!  Rani's post got in ahead of me.

Does come a slightly different point of view.

Thanks for posting the URL, Sir Martin.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

eloquentXI

Aw, they mentioned Keeper too. All in all, it's insightful and not too bad of a read! http://www.trfwtf.com/2012-Archive/October-13-2012.pdf
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

nolekhan

I just read through all of the volumes and I can't wait for more. I wish I saw these interesting things happened when I attended Faire...not to say that Faire is uninteresting!

DonaCatalina

you guys are swamping the website and it won't load for me!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

It took a while for me the first page, but was okay after that. I am not sure what was going on. I was about to abandon the load when it came up.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Zardoz

My new favorite website
;D
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Autumn Blaize

Thanks for the juicy read! I read through all the issues and can not wait to see what happens this year!
I love the pics! I am always looking online at pics from faire to see if there is anyone I know in them ( or even me or the hubs!) so when I saw the pics I really got excited lol

PollyPoPo

I read all the issue myself.  Found out some more of what had been rumors or myth. 

Glad to know I was not imagining some of the stuff.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

jsparrow

Thanks for posting the link. Someone in parade yesterday was talking about this.
"I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Captain C Sparrow

Sir Martin

New edition just out.

http://www.trfwtf.com/

It looks like DonaCatalina was right . . . they mentioned that traffic from this site gave their server a workout.  I think that will probably ease a bit since people will most likely not be downloading the archived copies time and again.

I have to admit that I do not understand the "TRF Nipple Index".  The numbers do not appear to rise or fall with the temperature.  Can any of you give us the PG version of what this means?    :)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I think it has to do with a combo of temps and the amount of "redneck thermometers" noticed...  :D

*If you can hang your hat on them... it's a 5*  :D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Fenster

PollyPoPo

You beat me to it; I've been checking every so often.

Thanks for the heads up. :)
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)