News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right...

Started by Noble Dreg, March 21, 2010, 10:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noble Dreg

Quote from: will paisley on March 24, 2010, 10:32:02 AM
One of the universal shout outs at a "live" movie theater performance is "The audience has the best lines!"...

My 'fav' shout-out is in the opening 'lip' sequence...

Film: "In the back row..."  Audience: "F the back row"!

I may be a bit unusual in that I like watching the musical numbers on DVD as much as I liked the "live" experience.  I fear I am a tad on the wrong side of the age curve these days for a midnight show with all the "fix'ns".
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Butch

Bite your lip!  Thank-you.

Shoulder twitch!  Thank-you.

Sitara

My mom still goes every show and she is over 50.  In fact, anyone who has gone to the Minneapolis show in the past 15 years has probably seen her.  She is introduced every show, (at least used to be, I haven't been in years) as Rocky Mom. 
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Aiacha

Blue66669

At the late night (early morning)
Double Feature (Rocky Horror)
Picture Show....

I believe our lines were
(Where's the best place to F**K?)
In the back row (F**K THE BACK ROW)
Blaidd Drwg

ArielCallista

First time I saw it was two years ago....I've seen it a billion times since. I love Columbia...I had been planning on being her for the next halloween after i saw it...but I had a fall out with my friend so it never happened...maybe some day...
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: GoodyTombShoes on March 25, 2010, 05:49:24 AM
I love when you can see a shadow cast too! I've been working on a peep show...

Best lookin' Peep I ever did see...  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Noble Dreg

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lady Catherine

ohhh, me too!

i was about 16, my mom wasnt too thrilled, but my dad loved it!!!
Frankie's my fav! i still get chills when he comes down the elevator, sexy man!" well, you got caught with a flat, how 'bout that!" i have never been to the theater, so id be a virgin too! I would love to go to the belcourt, sounds like an outing!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Lady Catherine on March 26, 2010, 02:58:09 AM
ohhh, me too!

i was about 16, my mom wasnt too thrilled, but my dad loved it!!!
Frankie's my fav! i still get chills when he comes down the elevator, sexy man!" well, you got caught with a flat, how 'bout that!" i have never been to the theater, so id be a virgin too! I would love to go to the belcourt, sounds like an outing!

Here's the info, Lady Catherine! Both showings are at Midnight (of course!) and you can get tickets online.

http://www.belcourt.org/events?id=69318
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Tammy

I was already in my early twenties when I first saw it.  :-[
My dear hubby let it be known I was a virgin...I had to peel a banana with nothing but my teeth, and not break or smush it. I won.  ::)
The shadowcast at the theater was incredible...our Frankenfurter was HOT!!!!!

Fav character...Frankenfurter. My fav to play...Magenta. (No pics of that)
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

THELADYKAT

I have about 15 years worth of acting it in different cast.

I will find some old pics and post them soon
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

dbaldock

I've never seen it in a theater.  I think the first time I saw it was in '78 or '79 on a bootleg video that belonged to a guy I knew in High School (according to Wikipedia - The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the video wasn't released in the US until 1990).  I've also seen parts of it at different times on TV through the years.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

irish

we have it on video. just isn't the same as watching it in a theater.
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Valiss

Has anyone here ever seen The Rocky Horror Picture show? I saw some advertisements for a show around here a while back and found that today is Tim Curry's birthday, so I thought I'd get some opinions on it. Did you like it? Was it worth the ticket price? What are you overall impressions of the show?