News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

KISS and the KING at Scarborough Faire

Started by VIII, January 08, 2009, 04:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIII

Does anyone know where there are photos of the KISS cover band when they came out to Scarborough Faire, lo those many years ago.

Specifically looking for the one of them with me as King Henry VIII
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Love Good Wood

didn't see the KISS cover band, but did see a video with you and Darth Vader!... when we went to TRF this year we saw Darth Vader and Qui-Gon-Jin wearing kilts!... I just don't get the people that dress SciFi for ren faires, that's why they have SciFi Conventions

BTW, hope you like the painting I sent you!

see you at the faire your majesty

lilaney

*Shrug* cause it is fun to dress up and pretend?

I loved it in 2007, when the Star Fleet landed and was walking around covertly.
In Character I went up to ask them "what are you doing?"
They ignored me, which caused me to curiously follow them around, and talk to myself as if I was talking to them.

One finally told me it was: "Against the Prime Directive to interfere with a  civilization that had Pre-Warp capability"

I will remember that forever!! ;D

Stalkwell

The good Lady S. and I will consult our archives and see.  We have shots of them (I think), but may not have you with them in the same frame. Cross your fingers... that was at least an aeon ago  :-\

Stalkwell...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Stalkwell

Well...
Kim gets the glory of the kill this time.  She has the shot in low res on her web site... she's now off looking for the full res version.  The original was shot on film and is buried deeply in the archives... may have to call Indie Jones to find it  ;)

We'll get back to you as soon as we find it.

Stalkwell...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Love Good Wood

I fully undestand wanting to "garb-up" for the faire... I'm just saying I wouldn't wear ren faire garb to a SciFi convention... I wouldn't dress as a Fireman at a Goth convention either... as it is I'm always at odds as to if my garb is correct for 1533 (which I know it's not exactlly... but hey I just started)... it's just a personal opinion though... as long as everyone has FUN!!!

VIII

THAT'S IT!!!  Thanx, Stalkwell, to you and the Mrs.

HAH!  My tongue is longer than the Demon's!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Your Grace

what a GREAT photo of our Lord and Master!
1st Duke of Somerset

LadyElizabeth

Wow, that's awesome, definitely got me laughing!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Lord Figaro

Quote from: lilaney on January 14, 2009, 03:10:58 PM
One finally told me it was: "Against the Prime Directive to interfere with a  civilization that had Pre-Warp capability"

This reminded me of a time at the MNRF where there were some trekkies walking around and of course they got some looks. But everything came together when one said "Freeze program" and the actors luckily got it right away and froze. One ran their tricorder around and before they moved on, they said, continue program and the actors picked up right where they left off at. That was a classic. At least that's the way the story was told to me.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana