News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pick a Faire-related movie

Started by Valiss, July 16, 2008, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poldugarian Warrior

Danny Kaye is funny, and that movie maybe worth watching even if it is dated. I've never seen that film of his. Just The Secret Lives of Walter Middy which is set in the thirties and he day dreams constantly. A comedy to say the least. Thanks for mentioning it.

Sonata

Any time, it's one of my enduring favorites :D
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

nobodyspecial

i dont know about everyone else , but i like the old robin hood with errol flynn, it was great , but i personaly wouldn't take costume designs from it , i would watch Timeline , that was pretty good

Lady Ashly

This movie is not top notch when it comes to acting by any means, but In the Name of the King. It has the villages, costumes, etc. that remind me of faire. Jason Statham isn't too bad to look at either.  ;)
"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

Poldugarian Warrior

Ever After is great for costume ideas. I'm a Drew Barrymore fan, and surprising even though I'm not a big fan of romance films this was good, it had some sword fighting and let's face it she's a babe, and the pursuit of any woman from the observer's perspective could be quite entertaining especially during the renaissance.the supporting cast was good too. Very late renaissance early enlightenment age films and some into the French Revolution I would suggets for costume , but they may require some mods, and some good entertainment are The Count of Monte Cristo, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Cutthroat Island,