News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Food, grub, farin, chow, vittles, nom-nom.

Started by Hercules, June 08, 2010, 08:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercules

Need beer and mead sponges.  ;D

I'm a carnivore. Head-wench is a pasta-lover.

Any suggestions for faire food?
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Norfolk

Quote from: Hercules on June 08, 2010, 08:18:30 AM
Need beer and mead sponges.  ;D

For Herc, I recommend either the steak on a stake, Demi's meat-a ball sandwhich (my fav), or the baron of beef (no relation).  For HW, the mac and cheese on a stick.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Baron on June 08, 2010, 09:28:23 AM
Quote from: Hercules on June 08, 2010, 08:18:30 AM
Need beer and mead sponges.  ;D

For Herc, I recommend either the steak on a stake, Demi's meat-a ball sandwhich (my fav), or the baron of beef (no relation).  For HW, the mac and cheese on a stick.

I'd have to agree with Baron of Beef (Toki and my favorite), Steak on a stack, and even the Der banger and Sausage on a stick. I cannot say for pasty type stuff that makes me feel fat like pasta while in garb.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Hercules

Baron of Beef? Is this a foodie vendor or an item?  ???

Der Banger?  :o ~gulp~ sounds kinky.....
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Zoë

If by pasta-lover you mean that the Mrs is not into carnivorous meals, but perhaps other things, there is also a wide array of vegetable-like items next to the Turkey Leggs booth, including roasted corn and baked potatoes.  (And smashed ones too!) 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Hercules on June 08, 2010, 10:03:28 AM
Baron of Beef? Is this a foodie vendor or an item?  ???

Der Banger?  :o ~gulp~ sounds kinky.....

Tis a food item. Think Philly Cheese Steak minus the cheese... Roast beef with onions and peppers. OR as the girls call it a Naked Cow without the onions or peppers. I keep trying to get them call it a naked Baron.

Der Banger is a braut on a hoggie. Now if you want kinky? Sausage on a stake. Just look at my photos of the prince with one of those. He makes you wonder ~raises an eyebrow~
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Hey- Arent You?

aside from what has been mentioned....
Focciccia sand. best price, meat & cheese, good bread & a marinara for dipping.upper kitchen.- Knave sand. Sausage on bun w/onions & peppers. elephant loop.- thai green beans. elephant loop.- Red Beans & Rice. upper kitchen.- milkshakes. upper kitchen.- Breakfast croissants & pastries & breads. bakery.- Bread Bowl. lower kitchen by joust. filled with beef stew or chix salad or broccoli & cheese. most filling.- Hamster on a stick. queens pantry.- whatever you do, don't ask at queens pantry for an apple. the "queens apple" is good and reasonably priced, but one time, I asked for "just an apple" and the guy charged me like $42,000.  I hate that guy. :D ;D 8)  he throws rocks at people too. 

PS..if you know what a real banger is (irish sweet sausage) you will be dissapointed. it's a brat. it's big. it's tasty. but it is SOOOOO not a banger.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 08, 2010, 12:58:42 PM
aside from what has been mentioned....
PS..if you know what a real banger is (irish sweet sausage) you will be dissapointed. it's a brat. it's big. it's tasty. but it is SOOOOO not a banger.

Agreed
"The Metal Maiden"

Blushing

The teriyaki chicken with rice is my protein of choice.

My favorites ... the fried green beans (with curry peanut sauce) and sweet potato fries - from the kitchens near the elephants.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 09, 2010, 07:30:34 AM
Any Bangers and Mash?

you can get the mash right around the corner from the not really bangers.....but no gravy, so does it count?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 09, 2010, 07:58:13 AM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 09, 2010, 07:30:34 AM
Any Bangers and Mash?

you can get the mash right around the corner from the not really bangers.....but no gravy, so does it count?

:)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Francisco Paula

http://www.gbfishandchips.com/ has a very good bangers and mash with carmalized onions on top served with a hot mustard. Yum, also very good fish and chips.