News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Visiting from Sterling - October 30/31

Started by MMario, September 17, 2010, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMario

Hmmmmm - decisions, decisions....this is only my second faire going via plane versus car - and the last time I only packed "emergency" garb because getting to faire was iffy at best (I ended up not going in garb anyway....) but this time I PLAN on the two days of faire...problem is now they CHARGE for those checked bags....

Lady Kett

When we have travelled by air, we always pack our boots and hats as carryons. The rest gets chucked into the cargo hold of the plane. If I have to lose anything, it's NOT going to be my boots or hat. Pack lightly on "real clothes" to save room for garb.

Having 2 of us helps in the carryon capacity. I wish you the best of luck and hope to meet you this weekend!

lys1022

So?  How was your visit?  Did you have fun?  What did you end up doing / seeing / eating? :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

MMario

I wanna go back!

Saw Kristophe; Jim Hancock and The Bard (multiple times) Ded Bob, Cast in Bronze; a lot of the Scot Court; the courtesan....the pirates, caught a little of the Cannibal Tudors; Shakespeare Himself...i'm probably forgetting some things...

ate pork on a stick, battered pig, philly cheese steak, stout glazed beef on a bun....and a foot tall pina colada!

MMario

also Cantiga; The Fire Whip show; some of the German Brothers;the opening and closing shows; the fireworks on sunday; the parade both days

Bonny Pearl

Glad you liked TRF!  It is such a large faire that you will need to come back often to see all of it.  ;) :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

MMario

@ 1300 miles I may want to.....but even once a year is doubtful.

lys1022

Well, luckily, you can see some of the same acts at Scarby when you come visit next. :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Blue66669

That's the one thing that I don't like about being on cast. I don't have time to meet the newcomers to TRF from the forums. We have such an INSANE schedule, there's just no time to stop.
Blaidd Drwg

MMario

I know the feeling well - if people don't come to my booth at Sterling I don't get a chance to meet them - and the "slow" times are few and far between (with any luck)