News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hamster Rennies

Started by holierthanthou, April 13, 2010, 02:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demetrius

Believe it or not, Holierthanthou made more than 200 hamsters to bring to Scarby, which was great fun and a wonderful faire!

All of the hamsters she brought found new homes and she has already made about ten more since we got home. 

Huzzah to Scarborough for such a great weekend!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Var Greyshadow

A very cute little grey fellow peeked his dark eyes at me out of Blushing's basket on Satruday, and I knew he wanted to go home with me.  "Stormy" spent the day tucked in my tunic lacings and is currently napping in my tote bag (must check on the garb closet when I get home to see what mischief he might have gotten into).  He wanted to ride in my archery glove, but will need a leash to do that, as he kept trying to jump out.  He is also looking forward to finding a perch somewhere about my pirate twin's person.  I expect that by the end of closing weekend, he will have made the requisite three struts in the parade and will become a Royal Guard Hamster (with his very own green sash of course).
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

holierthanthou

Huzzah for all the new Heartening Hamster Companions.  The wee bairn had a wonderful time going out to new homes.  It is blissfully delightful to know that there are so many whimsy loving people out there.  

Grammercy to Nixie, Laura and Blushing (Our Baroness) for the exceeding successful distribution put forth getting the wee bairn new homes.

We will have to return to Scarborough again... although not this year... trying to get to Mayfaire in Michigan.  Truly enjoyed seeing old friends, making new friends and am sorry to have missed meeting so many.  Ah but there are always other festivals that we may meet again!

A Royal Huzzah goes out to Lady Lisa who met the Hamster King's challenge and tagged Sir William with a cream colored fairy hamster.  (It will be trouble due to it's yellow eyes... might be kin to Sir Roderick.) It was a joy to watch thee tag him.  Thy reward shall be blessed upon thee at CRF.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

squiregaby

Quote from: holierthanthou on April 28, 2010, 01:22:45 PM
A Royal Huzzah goes out to Lady Lisa who met the Hamster King's challenge and tagged Sir William with a cream colored fairy hamster.  (It will be trouble due to it's yellow eyes... might be kin to Sir Roderick.) It was a joy to watch thee tag him.  Thy reward shall be blessed upon thee at CRF.

I almost beat her!! I almost had him just before the final Joust of the day....but he felt me tugging on the ribbon :(  There should be second place cause it was super easy for Mama to do! :P
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

captmarga

Quote from: Blushing on April 27, 2010, 08:48:12 PM
You are all very welcome!  It certainly sounds as if the many hamsters have found quite appropriate caretakers.  They do tend to get into trouble ... I know my own Wee One hopped out twice on Sunday!

Tammy, I have wanted to visit your faire for a long time ... and I know Rennie hamsters LOVE traveling!  Hmmm.

I am so sad.  I saw Hamsters, but never got over to get one.  I'd still like to have one... is it possible?

Capt Marga/Jofranka
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

holierthanthou

Capt Marga,

Please forgive as I did not see this post right away. 

Are you or anyone you know coming to CoRF? 

Unfortunately, the representatives at Scarby are all out of hamsters and I don't know of anyone that will be going back this year.  We probably will be back next year.

There may be other festivals that you can get one at as well.  If we are visiting and handing out hamsters at a festival, we usually post a thread titled "Hamster Rennies".
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

squiregaby

Quote from: holierthanthou on May 12, 2010, 01:42:00 PM
Capt Marga,

Unfortunately, the representatives at Scarby are all out of hamsters and I don't know of anyone that will be going back this year.  We probably will be back next year.

There may be other festivals that you can get one at as well.  If we are visiting and handing out hamsters at a festival, we usually post a thread titled "Hamster Rennies".

I will bring one home for her!
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

captmarga

Quote from: squiregaby on May 12, 2010, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: holierthanthou on May 12, 2010, 01:42:00 PM
Capt Marga,

I will bring one home for her!

Thank you - though I'd be happy to pay postage for a little critter to come be with me, too!  Sterling I might make, not sure about CoRF. 

Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Tink

Quote from: captmarga on May 12, 2010, 10:01:07 PM

Thank you - though I'd be happy to pay postage for a little critter to come be with me, too!  Sterling I might make, not sure about CoRF. 

Marga

I would be more than happy to do so as well.  Mort, my rat of the plague persuasion, would love having a new friend!
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare