News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What will you be having for Christmas Dinner

Started by DonaCatalina, December 15, 2008, 08:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyShadow

Can I come over for dinner?  I'm so hungry now after reading the menu :)
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

maelstrom0370

Quote from: blue66669 on December 18, 2008, 10:26:57 AM
I think I'll make macaroni and cheese...

BAAHAAHAAHAA!! You are such a Traditionalist, Blue!  :P
Home-made or Blue (no pun intended) Box?

Blue66669

Blue Box all the way!!! Maybe I'll add a bit of government cheese to make it better LOL

That's how you keeps it real!
Blaidd Drwg

Dayna

Whatever's handy, see I usually try to find someone who celebrates Christmas but has to work, and then if I can I will take their place so that they can have the day with their family.  So it might be a sandwich or potluck or whatever I can scrounge. 

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Rani Zemirah

There is always the standard fare... Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green beans (I make them, so herbed w/butter, not the mushroom soup casserole stuff) corn, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, herbed stuffing, my turkey gravy (because for some reason I'm the only one in my family who has ever learned how to make the stuff ::) ), green salad, maple pecan tart (also mine, and waaay too yum!), Methodist pudding (most amazing dessert in the Universe!!!), various other traditional desserts and fresh bread with homemade butter (made by the kids)...

Uhhhh... Terducken, eh??? Aaahahahahaha.... I can't really say it's the weirdest food I've ever heard of, but I do have to wonder about the mental health of the guy (you just know it was a guy, right...?) who thought this one up!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyShadow

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on December 18, 2008, 11:51:22 PM
Uhhhh... Terducken, eh??? Aaahahahahaha.... I can't really say it's the weirdest food I've ever heard of, but I do have to wonder about the mental health of the guy (you just know it was a guy, right...?) who thought this one up!!!

I've never heard of it.  But I googled it and I would agree that is something a guy would come up with.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

SirRichardBear

One of the local radio guys here in DFW has been pushing Terducken for the past couple of years. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

Quote from: SirRichardBear on December 19, 2008, 08:42:48 AM
One of the local radio guys here in DFW has been pushing Terducken for the past couple of years. 

gotta be on KLUV
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

maelstrom0370

From what I understand, you can get a TurPorkHen as well.  Not sure I'd be willing to  risk that, but the TurDuckHen isn't bad.  And yea, my guess it was a guy.

"Ya see, Cletus, ya takes one o' them there turkeys and then ya rolls it 'round one o' them ducks....."
Well, either that, or a couple of drunk guys took a look and said, "Hey! I bet that'll fit in there!"

And the rest, as they say, is History!

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on December 19, 2008, 01:37:10 PM
From what I understand, you can get a TurPorkHen as well.  Not sure I'd be willing to  risk that, but the TurDuckHen isn't bad.  And yea, my guess it was a guy.

"Ya see, Cletus, ya takes one o' them there turkeys and then ya rolls it 'round one o' them ducks....."
Well, either that, or a couple of drunk guys took a look and said, "Hey! I bet that'll fit in there!"

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ok, next year I'm havin' Christmas dinner with your family... and I am soooo lookin' forward to meeting your dad!!!

Oh yeah, and invite Cletus, too!!!  ROFLMAO!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Taffy Saltwater

My BIL does the cooking - hallelujah! - but I gave him a choice of bringing either my world famous pastitsio (Greek macncheese) or posole a la my grandma (hominy w/chilied pork).  Posole won.  We do Christmas on Christmas Eve so I'll probably get up early Christmas a.m. & put a pot of posole on as a change.
Sveethot!

Anna Iram

I love posole!!! I'd take that over a big elaborate dinner any day.  :)

We are planning a Christmas morning brunch instead of a dinner this year. I figured you can't have too much drama over eggs and pancakes. :)

Mimosa are on the menue for certain!

Tygrkat

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on December 18, 2008, 11:51:22 PM
... Methodist pudding (most amazing dessert in the Universe!!!)...

Is it made from actual Methodists?  ;)

Really, I am curious. I was raised Methodist, and I wasn't aware of any pudding. I feel like I was short-changed now!  :P

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

SirRichardBear

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on December 19, 2008, 01:37:10 PM

Growing up going to the union picnic they would roast lamb and pig over a big fire they always put chicken and turkey inside the lamb or pig and roast them togeather.  They would use cherry or apple wood for the smoking.   Great food.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin