News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mead Tasting Event at TRF

Started by Tudor-Diva, October 16, 2012, 12:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tudor-Diva

I mentioned earlier in another thread that there is a mead tasting event at TRF.  I, along with Haley Welshwine, host this event and it is held in the Taverna di Vino, across from the glassblower.  Charles Prince, aka The Merchant Prince, is the owner of this shop and we do our very best to bring you a wonderful selection of wines and meads from all over the world.  We meet during the summer and hand select everything that goes into the shop and ensure that there is something for everyone.

The mead tasting is every Saturday and Sunday at 5:00 p.m. in the Taverna.  Patrons are offered 4 meads (but we often slip in a fifth as a bonus) of varying flavors, and originating countries.  This year we are offering American, Polish and Irish meads during the tasting.  All attendees are given a hand crafted ceramic mead cup that is theirs to take home.  It's heavy duty clay ceramic, much like the feast hall mugs (only smaller).  The show is slated to be a half hour of mead tasting and entertainment, including William Shakespeare and Jakeem, the King's Magician, complete with some patron interactive games, however, as I am wont to do, we generally exceed that time.  The ticket price is $20.00 per person and we are always happy to take walk ins.  There is always something to nibble on as well to cleanse your palate.

If you are looking for a low key, unhurried way to sit, relax and enjoy some pleasant entertainment, up close, personal and intimate, then the mead tasting is for you.  If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  We would LOVE to see you there and personally, I would love to get to know some of you better.

Cheers!
Stacy Bakri
aka: Mona Lisa
Stacy Bakri

JackGonzo, MD

I forget, how many does it sit? A bunch of danes are coming up with me this weekend and may be a good thing for them.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

LadyJessica

Jack I think is about 20 but could be wrong about that.  I will try for the mead tasting again...just not on the same day I do the wine tasting.  :-\
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Tudor-Diva

We can fit 24 to 26 people.  And hey, honestly, if there are more who want to attend, we will find a place for them.
Stacy Bakri

Queen Bonnie

It was fun!! I had a great time!!! I loved the peach mead!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on October 16, 2012, 01:47:21 PM
It was fun!! I had a great time!!! I loved the peach mead!

For a second there, I thought you said peeps mead?!?   :o
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

I know Queen Bonnie.  Peeps Meas is what she meant... ::)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

iain robb

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 16, 2012, 08:27:06 PM
I know Queen Bonnie.  Peeps Meas is what she meant... ::)

I believe Queen Bonnie would join me in a hearty ...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
Cough-gag!

Queen Bonnie

EWWWWWW! Just the thought of Peeps mead! YUCK! peeps anything. Yes! I still hate Peeps!
Peach is yummy!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

DonaCatalina

How would one go about buying tickets for this or the wine tasting?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyJessica

You can get wine tasting by calling 18002240761 but the wine tastings sell out quickly. The mead tasting you can get them the day of where the wine tasting is held.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

Tudor-Diva

What Jessica said.  It's never a bad idea to stop by the wine shop to see if anyone has canceled a reservation for the wine tasting, and, if there are no shows, we can sell those seats.  The mead tasting almost never sells out (but we're working on that) so you will have no trouble getting a seat for that.
Stacy Bakri

Batonrogue

How much is the wine tasting?  Is it $20 as well?

LadyJessica

Wine tasting is $50 but that includes your faire ticket and a wonderful etched champagne glass!

No...no I haven't been going to the wine tasting every year for the past 10 years... ::)
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

Batonrogue