News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Merlin the Elder is recuperating at home

Started by DonaCatalina, October 24, 2011, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmbyrretheFae

saw this thread just today and wanted to throw in my best wishes to merlin for a full recovery and a hasty return to the festivals :)
"Because I can" ;)

kcdcchef

so how you feeling bro? been a couple of weeks, thought id see how ye ole recovery is going. have you recouped enough to eat massive amounts of a dead animal tomorrow?

Merlin the Elder

I'm going mad...MAD I tell you! I want to start driving again and go to work and do all the things normal wizards do... I should find out Monday when they will do the final angioplasty.

I have most of my appetite back, so I do plan on eating my fill today. Checking the scale, I find that I have dropped 12 pounds since this mess began at the end of August, so I can afford a little splurge.

Thanks for asking...with the exception of the problems with a nerve they hit attempting the first angioplasty, my recovery is fine, and I plan to return to work Tuesday, with or without the doctor's blessing.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on November 24, 2011, 08:38:12 AM
my recovery is fine, and I plan to return to work Tuesday, with or without the doctor's blessing.

Hold on there, desist, whoa, stop.

LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR

Your recovery is fine because I assume you are following his instructions.  Don't screw the whole thing up and wind up in Avalon with Arthur.   Just hang in there and all will be fine.   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Merlin the Elder

Perhaps I shouldn't have put it quite that way, BlakDuke. My 6 weeks of post-op off work will end officially on Thursday. I'm just pushing it forward a couple days because it really will help me to get back to some normalcy. I'll be seeing the cardiologist on Monday, and if he has a serious issue with me resuming normal activities, I will follow his advice.  I get "itchy" at times, but I'm not crazy... Nim and I are about to celebrate 45 years together. We're hoping for at least another 30.

I seriously want to thank everyone for their good wishes and concern. I've been completely blown away by it all, and it's been a great source of strength as I muddle through this little hiccup in my physical health. When I joined this board 1½ years ago, I never would have thought that I would find this many friends in one place. I've made many of what I hope to be long term friendships. The first time I saw the word "fairemily," I thought it to be odd. Now it makes perfect sense. I am forever grateful...

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Trillium

Awww....we wuv our Merlin! ;D

And seriously, follow your doctors instructions, including any medications he/she may instruct you, if you are unsure, ask!  I'm the scheduler for a cath lab and cv surgery and we see people all the time who refuse to do as they are told.  Please don't be one of them! ::) ;)
Got faerie dust?

Merlin the Elder

Don't worry, Trillium. The wife works in the OR area...she's the one who provides their drugs. I am being watched like a hawk!

Rani Zemirah

Yes... she will flog him if he doesn't mind her!  ;)  Or worse!!! 

So I shouldn't have to make that drive over there to do it myself... right?!? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin

Dad.... you must be well...soon. After 1,000 years...it's OK to get a tune up.... heal fast !
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making