News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown!

Started by Tamtaro, July 14, 2011, 10:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

The mini faire was great!  A whole host of brand new villagers.  By that I mean new people playing characters; not as many faces that you will recognize.  Sure, the Queen is the same, and the King was the Prince from the Cinderella story last year, but many new cast members!  Should be really good!

Delireus

I had even more fun than last year! Things were a bit different with the set up, we waited outside the gates this time, last time we sat at Merlin's Berm, but this time we sat outside the gates while Jim gave directions. My boyfriend and I went last year, but this time we brought our friend along. We all sat together, right to the left of the gates.

The cast was great! It was the funniest thing. Two of the gypsies came up, both male (and hot!) and asked my friend and I if we were single. I told them about my boyfriend, who was right next to me, but my friend was single. One of the gypsies told his friend he was going to teach him how to woo a woman. He knelt, took her hand, and said the sweetest thing to her! Compared her to an angle, it was so romantic. He then kissed her hand and told his friend to practice on me.

His friend kneels, and goes "YOU ARE VERY PRETTY!" and his friend is like "Ok good, but a little less fierce" so he goes "YOU LOOK LIKE A DANDELION!" and of course I am cracking up! They turn to my boyfriend and ask him how he woo-ed me. My boyfriend goes "You see, you reach into your back pocket and pull out your pocket book, and it all depends on the thickness of that!" It was hysterical, especially when the gypsies bowed to him! Oh it was a blast. My friend and I were asked to play musical benches with another man by two ladies on cast, while my boyfriend sang.

After an hour or so, everyone went to sit at Merlin's Berm and Jim asked if anyone had suggestions to the cast. There were things like "don't ignore the children, make sure you have a reason to approach people, talk TO the people and not just to your partner on cast" We noticed one guy had Harley Davidson boots (we could tell by the bright orange sole!), you could see his tall tube socks under his hose, and he had a blue elastic hair band in his hair. But I'm sure by opening he will be all good! But yes, it was so fun.

The only problem is that the free tickets we got are only good for the first 3 weekends and we are going on the 4th one! Last year, the tickets were good for any weekend. I hope to call them tomorrow and see if...i don't know, if something can be done, but if not..I may have 3 free tickets good for the first 3 weekends XD (anyone know why EVERY promotion on their facebook page is only good for the first 3 weekends?)
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

Oh I can answer that, the hardest 3 weekends of the season to draw a crowd are the first 3. Usually hot and stuff so its hard.

Tamtaro

Thanks for sharing about mini-faire - I look forward to seeing the new faces.  I have been looking at some pictures from over the years & it's fun to see the actors in different roles. 
Delireus - love the stories!  Your boyfriend is either a good sport or a rennie himself!  (and Huzzah! for the cute gypsies - eye candy for everyone! Tee hee  ;D)
I like the violins and drums accompanying the gypsies and fairies.  I really like hearing ren fest music in the lanes.

kcdcchef

oh, the sights and sounds of canterbury in full swing. i cannot wait.

Aniroaldawen

In two weeks, we'll be walking through the gates!!!!
TWO. WEEKS!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Tamtaro

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on August 20, 2011, 10:25:46 AM
TWO. WEEKS!!!!!!!
I love your army of happiness!!  Yay yay yay!

Butch

I will be there opening day until about noon, then have to work.  I will NOT be there Sunday or Labor Day, as I will be going to the Great White North (eh?) to the MN Ren Fest!  I should be at our KCRF about every day for the rest of the season, though!

Tamtaro

Quote from: Butch on August 21, 2011, 01:35:54 PM
I will be there opening day until about noon, then have to work.  I will NOT be there Sunday or Labor Day, as I will be going to the Great White North (eh?) to the MN Ren Fest!  I should be at our KCRF about every day for the rest of the season, though!
Up nort' eh?   Sounds fun! (doncha' kno! :D)
Is your work AT the faire or do you have to leave Canterbury?

Butch

I work 4-midnight Sat and Sun in Lees Summit.  OTHERWISE, I would have auditioned for cast this year!  Alas.  I figure I can be there most days from opening until 12 or 1.  Just can't drink, which is fine.

Aniroaldawen

NEXT WEEK!!! NEXT WEEK!!! Faire opens NEXT WEEK!!! Yaaaaaaaaayyy!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Delireus

Eeee, exciting!

So, I have 2, possibly 3, but definitely 2 free tickets to the Kansas City renfest, good ONLY for the weekends of September 3rd, 4th and 5th (I think the 5th is labor day) 10th and 11th, and the 17th and 18th. It says it's premier complimentary, with a $18.95 value and resale is strictly forbidden. I'm not selling it in any way, my friends and I just got them when we went to the mini faire and sadly we can't go till the 24th.

If I mail them out soon, you can have them by...Friday? I don't know how fast mail goes, but hopefully. The 3rd ticket is my friends and I'm waiting to hear back from her to see if she's got any plans for it, but she's going with us, so unless she knows someone she wants to give hers to, I'll probably have 3 to give away. Anyone want them or know anyone who knows someone who does? I'm in Manhattan, so hopefully mail wont take too long! PM me if you want them and have a great time on opening weekend, guys!

- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on August 20, 2011, 10:25:46 AM
TWO. WEEKS!!!!!!!

I still have 7 weeks til' my weekend, darn the luck. BUT, I am going!

Delireus

Ok I have 1 ticket left! Glad I could give some to people who will be using them ;D
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Tamtaro