News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

House of Dra

Started by replicant, April 12, 2011, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

replicant

Anyone know what happened to them? I always take folks there for garb 1.0 that goes good with the warm weather  :'(

LadyStitch

Last heard, and this is only hearsay, is that Lady Dra's health has been failing.  Last year she set up a co-op with Wenches at Work. It is possible her wares have been moved to their shop.  /shrug
That is all I know, and like I said, it is 2nd & 3rd hand.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

raevyncait

As I understand it, she leased her shoppe out last season to someone else, who was selling her products, but her products are not on site at all this season.

I have also been told by several people, who have known her for some time that her health is indeed poor, and has been for a couple of years, which is part of the reason she herself was not on site last year.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Hercules

I actually spoke with Lady Dra not more then a day or two ago (ordering another of her comfy shirts). Her health is fine and she was awnry as ever!

But she is slowing down in her festival appearances and will stick with TRF, Minnesota, Ohio and New York. She did have a rep at Sherwood this year as well but not sure if they will return next year.

If you venture into her old shop at Scarb you will see the signatures on the ceiling of all those that help build it several years ago. I will miss her and her compadres, Wenches at Work, at SRF. Good people.    
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Merlin the Elder

I, too, was sorry to not see her shoppe on site this year. Hers was one of three or four that we regularly spend our hard-earned money at. Another, L.A. Williams, was also absent. Allen had told me last year that they would have a permanent building this year. The building was there, but Allen was not. Thank goodness my dragon ring shoppe was still there!

The folks that were running Dra's shoppe are the ones who model for her on her website.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...