News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Twig the Fairy project.

Started by NugBlazer, July 28, 2010, 06:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NugBlazer

Hey everyone!

Well, after three years of searching, I finally was able to track down Twig the Fairy and collaborate with her on a photography project.  We're going to be selling the images we created at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival next month as well as on my site.

Would you guys please do me a favor and let me know which ones you like best and why?  Also, if you have any suggestions on names for each photo, I'd love to hear 'em.  And, if you just have general comments, critiques, those are welcome, too.  Feedback is good!

I poured my heart into these and I hope you enjoy them.  Thanks for looking!  ;D

Well met!  Shall we commence a Safety Meeting at once?

LadyFae

#s 1, 5, & 13 are my favorites.
I don't know how these pics will be used so I merely chose what appealed to me the most.  I like them all, by the way, these are just my favorites of all of them.  =)  Great work!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

DeadBishop

Great work!  Where on earth did you take these though?

R/F.com member since 2003

renfairephotog

Wow great work.
1,4,5, 8,11,14,15
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Delireus

Hah! These are truly amazing! I love them all. Twig is so beautiful and your photography is just stunning.

My favorites are 1, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, and 14.

I love #1 the best because it really encompasses what a fairy photo should be, to me. It's misty and leafy, and because of the leaves around the edges, it sort of gives a fake perspective which makes Twig look small. (Though the tree she's laying on obviously gives that away) But still, I just love this photo.

I like #4 because all the flowers are looking at Twig! Or as much as a flower can look at someone. They're mostly facing her, that's cute.

#5 is really warm feeling, i love the sunlight and the time of day it was taken at. And she looks so happy in that one. You can also really see her makeup and accessories, which I'm sure she spent a lot of time on and it's nice to see such detail.

The first time I saw #6 I literally laughed out loud, that's truly adorable.

#10 is great because when I think of Twig, I think of her looking just like that. I've never personally seen her IRL so all I have to go on is pictures and reputation, and this to me really represents her.

#11 is perfect, how long did that butterfly stay there for? Really awesome

Ok, so I also giggled at #14, I love her expression. The sky in that one is really awesome, and I like how you can see some flowers through her wings.

Well that's enough prattle from me. It was really hard to keep myself from saying "they're all so pretty, squee!" because really they are and I have absolutely no knowledge of photography. But, great work. While it sucks you had to wait 3 years to get them, I think they are definitely worth the wait, I'm going to your site now to see ;D
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Will Gamwell

Amazing work NugBlazer!  They are all wonderful photos.

My favorites are:
4, 5, 6, 8, 13, & 14

6 & 14 because they both captue some of her amazing facial & body expressions, while incorporating the landscape.

4 & 5 because they are just beautiful & peaceful.  I love the colors of these photos.  The yellow flowers & green grass just fit her perfectly.

8 & 13 because it gives you the impression of the illusive fairy.  Love the light & shadow of #8.  And the trees & angles of #13, while still showing her clearly.

Look forward to seeing more of your work!

renren

1o and 11, I think they show her personality the best!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Marietta Graziella

LOVE the pics of Twig!  What fun...

OK, the ones I really like and why:
#1.  It's the whole other worldliness of this shot.  The blurry edges, the leaves/nature.  Everything a fairy should be.
#6.  OK, it's all about the expression on this one.
#8.  She looks like a tiny fairy in a big "twig" forest.  It's the scale and texture that really grab me.  Oddly enough, I don't care for the close up of this one... #7(?)
#13.  Same as above... the nature, the texture... her expression hints at naughtiness.

My 2 pence for what it's worth.   :)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

escherblacksmith

1, 4, 8, 11, 13  and 14.

seem to be quintessential Twig . . . and I think 7 and 8 were taken at the Arboretum . . . maybe the rest of them as well.
--

NugBlazer

Thanks for chiming in everyone, ESPECIALLY Delireus, Will Scarlet and Marietta.  You guys were thorough and that's especially helpful.

To those who were wondering, all of these were taken this month in good ol' Minnesota.

NugBlazer

ANNOUNCEMENT: Twig has now posted these all on her Facebook page. That's where the official voting is, so if you would like to cast your vote, please head over there.  Just click LIKE for your top THREE favorites.  There have already been lots of votes, but more is always better, so chip in your two cents if you can.  Thank you kindly!  :D

http://www.facebook.com/twigthefairy

dbaldock

I already voted on Twig's Facebook post.

My votes were (for the photos numbered here):
1) #6
2) #5
3) #1

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

Voted!  And to expand my question, where exactly in MN were these taken?  I don't quite recognize some of these spots...just curious!

R/F.com member since 2003

Bob of the Lake

Gorgeous photos!  I voted for 1, 6, and 11.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel