News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photo shoot!!!!!

Started by Skip, July 26, 2010, 10:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

I'd be in for this! I just finished making a baldric for my basket hilt claymore that I'd like to get  nice picture of. I'm in the Edgewater Celtic Harvest Festival the weekend of the 18th and 19th with the Renaissance Scots. Not wasting my time with Estes... Most other weekends are good for me, though. This sounds like something that would be fun to be involved in!

Skip

Denver shoot

Ok I still can't set date's for sure (still waiting on that last wedding) but after talking to some at the faire last weekend I have decided to push this out to the first two weeks of October.  I went down earlier this week and walked around the Civic Center Park in downtown Denver and that is a perfect spot for this.  Also if anybody is up for a few shots on the 16th street mall then it is close enough to that that we could walk over and do that too!!

I would like to get some feedback on whether you all would rather shoot this on a Saturday or Sunday.  One of the main problems I see (other than that many people gathering at the park at once - I am going to check and make sure that is not going to be a problem) is parking for this many people.  On Saturday it costs $1 an hour for the meters but there are several parking lots that charge $5 a day.   If we shoot on Sunday then parking is free but depends if everybody is up for shooting on the last day of their weekend. 

I would like this to run into the evening possibly so we might be able to get some shots with the lights in the park on.

I also thought that people might want to get shots in more than one outfit but I didn't see any good spots to change so that probably won't be feasible.

As for the Fort Collins shoot I would actually like to get that done by the end of August if possible (again depends on wedding).

For those of you going to show up for that one please let me know if that will work or if putting it off till the last two weeks of September is better.

Celtic Rune Stones

Quote from: Skip on August 05, 2010, 03:24:28 PM
Denver shoot...

Either day is OK; but, prefer Sunday given the choice.

For Fort Collins, can make any Saturday work.
My life is loosely based on a true story...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Next three Saturdays are bad for Toki and I. We have company this weekend and again 21st, The 14th will either be camping or not. if not it will be in Denver at 5
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Last two weekends of September are bad for me; one I'll be in Santa Fe and the other I'll be working.  Earlier is better I guess.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Rubiee

When in doubt my opinion is ALWAYS a Sunday. Saturdays find me stuck at school until 5. (And I bet you can imagine how happy they were at two months of Saturday absences....)
~* Rubiee Tallyn Hayes

Mistress of the Keys, Keeper of Pandora's Box, Vocalist and Glitter Bomber Extraordinaire.

Nighthawk

We can be there last weekend of August. The 20th-22nd, we're in Wyoming for the Jackson Hole Highland festival.

Skip

I honestly don't know how many people are still checking in here but hopefully most of you are.  I have been wrestling with my schedule and have finally ready to call  the dates for the photo shoots.

It really came down to when I had available to do the shoot.  I was going to shoot the first two weekends of October but then the 9th and 10th filled up.

So before anything else comes along to mess things up I am going to set the dates.

First Saturday in October (the 2nd) we will do the Fort Collins shoot.  I am figuring on everybody showing up around 5:30 to 6:00 p.m.  I want to shoot at the church first and then if everybody is up for it we can move to Old Town and finish up there.
If those of you who are planning on coming will please post so here so I can get an idea of what to expect.  I am really hoping for at least 10 people showing up for this one.

As for the Denver shoot I am going to call that one for the 3rd Sunday (the 17th) in October.  The same thing here, if anybody planning on coming to this can post so here then we will know how to plan the day. 

The 16th street mall is only two blocks or so away from Civic Center Park and I would love to start shooting there.  I don't know how many people to expect so not sure when to start shooting, will leave that up in the air for now. 

We went down and scouted out both areas and think they both will give us great images.

I am sorry to those of you who won't be able to make it on these dates.  I really struggled trying to accommodate everybody and finally realized it would never happen.  Also as I said to start these are now the only two dates I have open.  I don't think anything big enough to change this will come up since it's only a month away. 

So I am comfortable with setting these dates and sticking to them.

I really hope there will be more of you show up then I know what to do with (don't worry we'll make it happen no matter what).  On that note let's get together, make this thing happen and have a blast doing it!!!

Skip

Celtic Rune Stones

Skip,

Will be able to make the For Collins shoot - unfortunately unable to make the shoot in Denver.
My life is loosely based on a true story...

Zoë

I should be able to make it to the Fort Collins shoot! 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

NOT gonna make it or Denver. Does not work with my schedule. I have a 6 week job and I will be working that Saturday and I have company when I get home both weekends as we have them every two weeks. Oh well.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Ian Maxwell

I will try to make the Ft Collins shoot, but I can't promise anything.

Ian

Nighthawk

My family is in for the Denver shoot.

Rubiee

~* Rubiee Tallyn Hayes

Mistress of the Keys, Keeper of Pandora's Box, Vocalist and Glitter Bomber Extraordinaire.

Francisco Paula

On a side note not sure if anyone has ever done the photo tour at the zoo but i loved it and try to do it atleast once a year.

http://www.denverzoo.org/photography/

You can either go around by yourself or with the class that has the photographer for the zoo with you.