News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Congratulations CORF; our next Rendezvous for 2011!

Started by DeadBishop, May 10, 2010, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

Quote from: Lord Jarhead on May 21, 2010, 05:03:13 PM
The armor has been through the rain and even a monsoon (well close enough) that is usually Saturdays Uniform of the Day! Sunday - Kilt or the new Leather Duster / Aragorn (work in progress) look. Either of the choices I only get soggy and do not melt in the rain!

Lord Jarhead, while I admire your hearty attitude, you may wish to be aware that the rain of which we speak generally appears in the form of thunderstorms.  The thunder, of course, follows the lightning, which on occasion has been most impressive.  Lightning strikes on the festival grounds are not not at all uncommon.  While the rain may not melt your armor, a lightning strike very well may, and is unlikely to do you a great deal of good in the process.

Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Out of the 50 states in the union, Colorado rates number 2 in the amount of lightning strikes. Florida is number 1.. But don't worry, most of those are above tree line and faire sit's at the 6900 foot mark with plenty of tree's. But that doesn't mean when lightning does come you stand under one, or stand in open ground. Last year we had 1 day it struck three spots on the ground. One near front gate (I was about 50 feet from that one and it scared the crap out of me, and scared those in the front gate even more as it wizzed right by them), One in the parking lot, and one by the kitchens.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Sir LJ

Ouch! Thank goodness my armor is leather! Though I do have metal available! Remember to leave it at home!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Mistress Charlotte

Oh my!!  How nifty!!  I hope there will be events and gatherings after cannon too.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Tanda

Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on May 22, 2010, 08:47:16 AM
Oh my!!  How nifty!!  I hope there will be events and gatherings after cannon too.

Like The Spur? Or Chli's? Or Applebee's?Or the little Irish Pub in Castle Rock whose name I don't recall...
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Adriana Rose

Sir LJ

Quote from: Adriana Rose on May 22, 2010, 10:27:43 AM
mmmm bbq rennie ;D

What's bbq, precious? What's bbq, eh?

The said weekend of the preemptive strike is June 18. There will be a contingent of 6 of us from Louisiana coming in.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well look for us. The Baron and Baroness and Toki and meself will be the first line of defense you shall meet
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Quote from: Tanda on May 22, 2010, 09:39:49 AM
Quote from: Mistress Charlotte on May 22, 2010, 08:47:16 AM

Like The Spur? Or Chli's? Or Applebee's?Or the little Irish Pub in Castle Rock whose name I don't recall...

Celtic Crossing?

And yes, I concur on the lightning warning...also if there is lightning in the area, don't stand near my booth, we have been struck more consistently than any location on site...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Adriana Rose

Dont forget the orcarina hut of doom up by the elephants, and the poor pine tree by my shop

Sir LJ

"There are many silly superstitions about lightning, and as a result many people - maybe even you - are terrified of it. You shouldn't worry. Thanks to modern science we now know that lightning is nothing more than huge chunks of electricity that can come out of the sky, anytime, anywhere, and kill you." - Dave Barry

BTW CO gang, congrats on Rendezvous for 2011! Almost forgot my manners there!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

DeadBishop

I was struck by lighting a few years ago while working in my booth at MNRF.  I'm really sensitive to electrical storms now and can feel the lightning building up before it strikes.  No one will stand near me now out at fest during a storm!  So, who want's to be my tour guide? ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: DeadBishop on May 23, 2010, 08:11:16 PM
I was struck by lighting a few years ago while working in my booth at MNRF.  I'm really sensitive to electrical storms now and can feel the lightning building up before it strikes.  No one will stand near me now out at fest during a storm!  So, who want's to be my tour guide? ;D

Sure, not a problem. I'll use you as an early warning system... Kind of like Doppler 9000, We'll call it BishopDoppler 9000
"The Metal Maiden"

Blushing

Quote from: DeadBishop on May 23, 2010, 08:11:16 PM

Sure!  ;D  Maybe your sensitivity will cancel out my family history ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

iain robb

Quote from: Adriana Rose on May 22, 2010, 09:04:52 PM
Dont forget the orcarina hut of doom ...

For some reason, that sounds like something from The Princess Bride to me ...