News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

THE MOST AMAZING COYOTE EVER!! THEY ARE CALLING IM THE MIRACLE COYOTE **UPDATE*

Started by Carpathian, November 30, 2009, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carpathian

Not sure where to post this, but I had to share with all of you....this is just incrediable!!!!!!!

Meet the wiliest of all coyotes: Hit by a car at 75mph, embedded in the fender, rode for 600 miles - and SURVIVED!

When a brother and sister struck a coyote at 75mph they assumed they had killed the animal and drove on.
They didn't realize this was the toughest creature ever to survive a hit-and-run.   Eight hours, two fuel stops, and 600 miles later they found the wild animal embedded in their front fender - and very much alive.

Daniel and Tevyn East were driving at night along Interstate 80 near the Nevada-Utah border when they noticed a pack of coyotes near the roadside on October 12.  When one of the animals ran in front of the car, the impact sounded fatal so the siblings thought there no point in stopping.

'Right off the bat, we knew it was bad,' Daniel explained.  'We thought the story was over.'

After the incident around 1am, they continued their 600 mile drive to North San Juan - even stopping for fuel at least twice.  But it was only when they finally reached their destination at 9am did they take time to examine what damage they may have sustained.  At first it looked as though it was going to be quite gruesome.

'[Daniel] saw fur and the body inside the grill,' Tevyn East said.  'I was trying to keep some distance.  Our assumption was it was part of the coyote - it didn't register it was the whole animal.'

Daniel East got a broom to try and pry the remains out of the bumper and got the shock of his life.  'It flinched,' Tevyn East said.  'It was a huge surprise - he got a little freaked out.'

'We knew it was bad': Tevyn East, who was in the car when it hit the coyote, bends down to take a look at the fur poking through the fender

Fur Pete's sake: What Mr. East spotted as he bent down to inspect the damage to his car - the body of the coyote poking out through the radiator

Wily coyote: The animal's head can be seen as rescuers took apart the front fender to save it after it was struck by the car at 75mph

Miracle escape: As the animal struggled, wildlife protection officials put a loop around its neck to prevent it from further injuring itself
The front of the car is completely taken apart as the coyote begins to wriggle free

And voila! Tricky the toughest coyote ever rests in a cage after its ordeal - which it survived with just some scrapes to its paw

I MUST SAY HAZZAH TO THE COYOTE!!!!  

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!  :-)

Carpathian

The coyote was taken to the rehabilitation facility. It remained there until Thursday, when it managed to push up the steel at the bottom of a kennel to free itself.

It hasn't been seen since.

They named it Tricky for a reason!   ;)

Taffy Saltwater

Thanks for sharing that story - I hope Tricky is safe & happy in his new digs.
Sveethot!

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Adriana Rose

Imagine if they checked the oil.. It would have scared the bejeebers outta me!

Rock on Coyote!

anne of oaktower

So glad Tricky survived.  I only wish they had been able to transport him back to his own territory.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Betty Munro

Huzzah to the coyote.  What a beautiful animal!  And that's after being eaten by a car.  WOW!
I agree with Anne, too bad it didn't make it back to it's home ground.

Carpathian

Quote from: anne of oaktower on December 05, 2009, 12:17:50 PM
So glad Tricky survived.  I only wish they had been able to transport him back to his own territory.

That was their plan, but they were keeping it until it's leg healed, and viola...Tricky got out, most likely he is heading back home.  They have a good nose for these things.  The most amazing animal trek I know of is from a family in MN that went to WI for like a month to see family and such and they brought their cat.  When they were leaving no one could find the cat, she was absolutely nowhere to be found, they hunted everywhere.  Afraid of the worst and suspecting she was eatten by wild animals they all headed home sad.

A few months later the cat showed up on their MN porch!!  The cat walked from their relatives house in WI to it's home in MN.....WOW!  They think the reason they could not find the cat is because it was already heading home!?!?!   It made the newpapers, this was a few years ago, it is also in a book called "Plunge into MN."  Book has all sorts of fasinating history stuff in it.  Obviously I am from MN!  LOL

Zoë

There was a story in the papers a while back about a cat that had somehow gotten into a shipping warehouse nearby his house, ended up in a packing crate, and turned up days later somewhere in Europe, alive.  Dehydrated and hungry, but alive.  Thanks to his collar tags, they were able to get the kitty back home.  Clever creatures, them. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Carpathian

Quote from: Zoë on December 08, 2009, 12:26:16 AM
There was a story in the papers a while back about a cat that had somehow gotten into a shipping warehouse nearby his house, ended up in a packing crate, and turned up days later somewhere in Europe, alive.  Dehydrated and hungry, but alive.  Thanks to his collar tags, they were able to get the kitty back home.  Clever creatures, them. 

Awe, poor kitty, I am happy they took care of it at the end.  Stupid cats, they keep climbing into things, what is up with that!!  I always check the washer and dryer before closing the door, because the cat has been known to climb in and I have heard horror stories about cats getting killed in there.  I love her to pieces and would never want anything to happen to her. 

Black Hearted Pearl

~Black Hearted Pearl
The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sai

Francisco Paula

In most of the indigenous tribes the coyote is known as the trickster and this one proved why.

Zoë

Quote from: Carpathian on December 08, 2009, 09:44:54 AM
Quote from: Zoë on December 08, 2009, 12:26:16 AM

Awe, poor kitty, I am happy they took care of it at the end.  Stupid cats, they keep climbing into things, what is up with that!!  I always check the washer and dryer before closing the door, because the cat has been known to climb in and I have heard horror stories about cats getting killed in there.  I love her to pieces and would never want anything to happen to her. 

That is also why we tie our cats up when they want to go into the back yard, so that they don't run off and get stuck in shipping crates.  Also it's illegal to let your cats roam.  And, as we learned the hard (and expensive) way, when you let your cats roam, they tend to get in fights with others. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Carpathian

My kittie is strictly an indoor cat, I will let her sun herself on the deck up on the top story, she never leaves the deck, long way down and she is content to just lie there....she is pretty good at just lying around, I should post a pick of her doing her usual couch potato routine!!  LOL   ;)

Hey- Arent You?

Have we considered that Tricky did this on purpose after seeing what happened to his brother Whil E. with the roller skate and rocket pack, this may have been the safer option??
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on December 09, 2009, 01:00:28 PM

Have we considered that Tricky did this on purpose after seeing what happened to his brother Whil E. with the roller skate and rocket pack, this may have been the safer option??

Yes, we did consider this. Turns out she did do it on purpose.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Lord Figaro

Keep in mind the stories of pets that go on vacation and get lost and end up finding their way back home. I wouldn't put it past Tricky to end up doing the same thing and getting back to his pack and going "Dude's your not gonna believe this but......"
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Carpathian

Quote from: Lord Figaro on December 15, 2009, 04:56:22 AM
Keep in mind the stories of pets that go on vacation and get lost and end up finding their way back home. I wouldn't put it past Tricky to end up doing the same thing and getting back to his pack and going "Dude's your not gonna believe this but......"

I agree, I think he is working his way home to his family.   ;D

Radu the Gypsy

I just have this image of his wife saying "I turn my back for one second, and off you go, gallivanting across the country!  You were probably out drinking with your friends again and hitched a ride cross country in another one of your drunken stupors! "

Quote from: Lord Figaro on December 15, 2009, 04:56:22 AM