News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First Timers

Started by MysticXSab, May 18, 2009, 02:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysticXSab

Hail, all!

I have never been to Scarborough before and am very much looking forward to it. I plan on bringing a good numbered group (6-10) for closing weekend and was wondering what the general plan usually is for camping/hotel accommodations. One of the things my group likes most about renfests is meeting new people (we like drinking too though, but thats secondary). I'm not expecting TRF like partying to happen, but a few groups to chill with, share in some drinks, and swap stories would be awesome.

Browsing the boards, it seems there are 2 options: Waxahachie Creek and a Super 8. Could anyone provide me with more information about the environments at each of these? ex. # people, beverage policies, curfew, etc. A guesstimate of pricing would be super helpful too as I'm having trouble finding specifics about each (especially the Super 8 which I haven't even discovered which one is being talked about). We are kind of partial to camping, though I can see how a motel full of rennies could be amazingly fun. Opinions on the matter are also welcome.

Thanks ahead of time,
Jonathan
Believe, for faith will see you through the blackest of nights.

sapphire_skye01

You can try, but I am pretty sure Super 8 will be all booked up.  It is a really busy weekend in Ellis County and when I checked back in Feb. memorial weekend was already booked up. But you never know. You can check Red Oak or Ennis also. I don't think there is alot of camping places to choose from. But, even with all that bad news Scarby is the BEST!

Merlin

Super 8 is full.... get there EARLY. Come to Row 12 for pre canon meet and greet.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

MysticXSab

So I was checking availability at a super 8, and there seems to be a few there. Is this by chance the one?

Super 8 Waxahachie TX
400 N I-35 East
US 287 & I-35 EAST
Waxahachie, TX 75165 US

DonaCatalina

I believe that is the one. We refer to it as the Rennie hotel.
I think Teach & Lady Trinn will be staying there that weekend as well.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bonny Pearl

There is also the Best Western Gingerbread Inn that is right next to the Super 8.  A lot of us stay there as well.  These motels are right next to each other.  Try there if the Super 8 is booked.  I have also seen on the boards that while the internet search shows no vacancies, it is a good idea to call and verify that status.

Best of luck!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Merlin

Book your room today.... I heard this morning that Super 8 was booked but maybe someone canceled.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Var Greyshadow

Also try calling the America's Best Value (call - you might get a better rate).  Quite a few of us are staying there too.  Not sure if they're booked yet.  I just cancelled a reservation at the Knights Inn (which is across the street from the Best Value), so there's at least one room at that motel.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

MysticXSab

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! I'll let ya know what we book :P Definitely will be there for the Meet-n-greet.

eloquentXI

Upload a photo my friend, so we all know who to look for! I'm known to come bouncing up when I recognize new faces and would love to meet you and yours!

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Queen Bonnie

Welcome and see you at the Meet and greet on Sunday or Monday! Good luck with the Motel!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Ryk Rakham

We usually stay at Best Western (occasionally Super 8 or America's Best VAlue Inn which is about 20 bucks less but not bad at all). All are only minutes from the Faire. If you can't find anything in Waxahachie, google lodging in Red Oak which is still only about 15 minutes from Faire. We have met rennies staying there as well.

You will have a blast. Scarby is our favorite of the 8 we attend.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

*Teach*

Quote from: DonaCatalina on May 18, 2009, 03:18:12 PM
I believe that is the one. We refer to it as the Rennie hotel.
I think Teach & Lady Trinn will be staying there that weekend as well.
That is the one we will be at along with MANY others. I would suggest calling them once a day if you can't find another place... people do cancel.

*Come on and bring some rum to share... it's a happy place ye be findin'*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Taarna

SOOOOOO happy JP made the reservations for the room a few weeks ago! Our first time there and he even picked the right motel! LOL I'm excited but I still need to get off my butt and go finish my new fae creation. We will be there Friday afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing those I know, and meeting the ones I hadn't met yet.
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

Your Grace

Quote from: Taarna on May 19, 2009, 07:13:58 PM
SOOOOOO happy JP made the reservations for the room a few weeks ago! Our first time there and he even picked the right motel! LOL I'm excited but I still need to get off my butt and go finish my new fae creation. We will be there Friday afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing those I know, and meeting the ones I hadn't met yet.

So glad you are going to make up this year we hope to meet you this weekend.  Will you be thier for all 3 days?
1st Duke of Somerset