News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Role Models-The Movie

Started by Sir William Marcus, April 12, 2009, 08:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

We finally rented this the other evening and got some good laughs out it. 

The scenes with Christopher Mintz-Plasse & Paul Rudd along with the  cast of characters in "The Laire" were hilarious. 

Beware, when the newly formed kingdom makes its debut at the last big battle scene 
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Blackbead

This movie was hilarious!  And I thought the "LAIRE" parts were very reminiscent of "Galaxy Quest."  Yes, they poked fun at those involved in LARP, but before the film is over, Live Action Role Playing is show to be a "kinda cool" and extremely fun way to spend your time and that some of the lessons you learn becoming involved in this activity are ones that will serve you well your entire lifetime.

And, yes, the "newly formed kingdom" will require surgery to repair your bust gut!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Tammy

I loved this movie!! It was SO fun to watch.
I also LOVED that Newly Formed Kingdom!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

switch

Role Models was a very smart movie, smarter than you think it might be.  For those who think it may be just a dumbed down comedy, think again.  It's about being who you want to be, regardless of what others think.  Breaking down the walls of the "I'm too cool to do this" is what the movie is about.  It's about friendship, love and the human spirit. 

The live action battles were great, very well done and funny. 

4.5/5 - Highly recommended for anyone looking for a comedy movie with some knight flair to it.  This movie again really surprised me at how smart it is, the previews don't do it justice.
Movie buff extraordinaire!

Tink

I absolutely LOVE this movie for so many reasons!  It delivers such a positive message, and it's so much fun to watch!  (I know this is an old topic, but I just had to share the love)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare