News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

John Levique and Sarasota Medieval Faire...

Started by Jade Sapphire Emerald, April 08, 2009, 09:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Sapphire Emerald

I am going to try and make it to both...especially since the latter begins the day after my 21st!

I was wondering if there is anything else in between now and John Levique, or between then and Sarasota Medieval Faire? And then again, between then and BARF? Yes, the withdrawls have begun, and now I'm looking up everything within my somewhat kinda sorta local area to be able to do...

Also, I know it's WAY in advanced...but who will be going to Sarasota Medieval Faire?
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Squire Mickey

Between Sarasota and BARF is the Gainesville Medieval Faire.

There is also the Ringling Fair and the Ft. Myers Fair (this one is in January I believe). There is also the Florida Pirate Festival in St. Pete in late Jan/early Feb

Lastly there is always FLARF which runs almost the same weekends as BARF but starts like 2 weeks earlier (which is the height of stupidity in my opinion; but as yet no one has asked  ::))
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Jade Sapphire Emerald

I did actually look up FLARF like two weeks ago and was saddened and dissappointed that they have them both running about the same time...cause I'd love to attend both every weekend of them! But, alas, 'tis what it is.

And thank you, Mickey!!!
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Maeve & Lonan

This is so exciting!  We feel the same way...we will definitely be going to both!!  We now have to get pirate garb, etc.  We love these things!  In between, we tend to do other stuff locally like The International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.  It's a lot of fun (eating and drinking...eating and drinking...), but unfortunately there is no dressing up (unless you want to be a Disney character :P).  So, if you find out about anything else...please let us know!  Thanks!

Jo-Ann and Chuck

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Maeve & Lonan on April 08, 2009, 10:15:32 AM
This is so exciting!  We feel the same way...we will definitely be going to both!!  We now have to get pirate garb, etc.  We love these things!  In between, we tend to do other stuff locally like The International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.  It's a lot of fun (eating and drinking...eating and drinking...), but unfortunately there is no dressing up (unless you want to be a Disney character :P).  So, if you find out about anything else...please let us know!  Thanks!

Jo-Ann and Chuck

OH, Damn you just reminded me! - The Pirate and Princess Party at WDW. That is a pretty good time (no grog is sold though). Let me know when you two are going to F&W at Epcot. I am thinking that we are taking the family the weekend after Easter, but will go back at the drop of a hat!

As for the pirate garb, the coats that I wore this season I can have made for you at an incredibly cheap price. If interested, PM me for details (or just to say hi!). THere should  be enough time to get them done for John's Pass
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Maeve & Lonan

Hey Mickey...you are too kind!!  We typically go to the Food and Wine Festival in October.  Last year, a group of probably 45 + (friends of friends of friends, etc.) met up for a weekend and had a blast!  We will keep you posted!  We just got season passes, so we want to check out some of the other parks as well. 

Squire Mickey

One other thing, I spoke to some of you about the HMS Harbinger. We will be pulling that magnificent craft out of dry dock in the near future. Part of her charter will be too do charitable work, some of which will be visiting The Shriners and St. Joesephs Children's Hospital in garb to cheer those there. We will also likely be doing garb pub crawls (Tiger Lee has been having great success with them in St. Augustine), Gasperilla, and many other events over the year many of them to raise money for charities (such as Toys 4 Tots).

If you are interested in learning more, PM me and also check out http://www.ifrp.org/ to learn more about International Fellowship of Royal Privateers
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Jade Sapphire Emerald

Quote from: Maeve & Lonan on April 08, 2009, 10:15:32 AM

Jo-Ann and Chuck

I need to get pirate garb as well, however I may end up dong what I did for my faire garb and just browse the mall and chop things up...XD

And what are you talking about? You can dress up for the F&W festivals...just, be prepared for funny looks...
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Maeve & Lonan on April 08, 2009, 10:28:04 AM
Hey Mickey...you are too kind!!  We typically go to the Food and Wine Festival in October.  Last year, a group of probably 45 + (friends of friends of friends, etc.) met up for a weekend and had a blast!  We will keep you posted!  We just got season passes, so we want to check out some of the other parks as well. 

Oh, dudh. Brain is still a bit rum and cider soaked. Its Flower and Garden right now. We also have the season pass and haven't been since January (due to BARF) so the family is raring to go next weekend!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Maeve & Lonan

Can you imagine a large group of us dressed in our BARF garb going to the F&W festival?  How funny!!! That would be a site!  ;D

Jade Sapphire Emerald

I think that would be a great idea actually! Obviously they more than likely wouldn't allow even peice-tied weapons...but that'd be one hell of a get together...and it could be annual...Hmm... *starts thinking of a plan to get all the RFs in their Garb to Food and Wine...*
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Jade Sapphire Emerald on April 08, 2009, 10:54:53 AM
I think that would be a great idea actually! Obviously they more than likely wouldn't allow even peice-tied weapons...but that'd be one hell of a get together...and it could be annual...Hmm... *starts thinking of a plan to get all the RFs in their Garb to Food and Wine...*

No way that they would allow anything other than plastic or maybe wooden ones. I think it would be AWESOME. You have to figure that most of the people there would simply think that it was part of the "Show". It would take some brass b@lls to be sure (and more than a few pints), but it would be fun...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Jade Sapphire Emerald

Actually, I wonder how many of us would actually do that! We may need to do a roll call on it, and figure out a day and all of that...*runs off with a calendar and a pen and a notebook...*
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Kate

Quote from: Squire Mickey on April 08, 2009, 10:07:30 AM

There is also the Ringling Fair and the Ft. Myers Fair (this one is in January I believe). There is also the Florida Pirate Festival in St. Pete in late Jan/early Feb

Lastly there is always FLARF which runs almost the same weekends as BARF but starts like 2 weeks earlier (which is the height of stupidity in my opinion; but as yet no one has asked  ::))

Florida Pirate Faire is in November.  A week or two after Lady of the Lakes. :-P
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Sir LJ

Quote from: Kate on April 08, 2009, 12:47:57 PM
Quote from: Squire Mickey on April 08, 2009, 10:07:30 AM

Florida Pirate Faire is in November.  A week or two after Lady of the Lakes. :-P

Lady of the Lakes! Now there is a Ren Fair worth waiting for!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack