News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone else here in the Society for Creative Anachronism as well as I?

Started by Geoffrey_Devaney_of_Tyron, July 26, 2008, 09:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoffrey_Devaney_of_Tyron

Just wondering if anyone else does double duty in both ren faire and the SCA? Also any of you going to Pennsic this year? Maybe we could meet at a class or someplace? ;D

anne of oaktower

*Anne raises her hand and waves...*

Hi Geoffrey.  I am a member of the Shire of Hornwood, as is my fiance and my two teens.  We've only been in for about a year, so there is still much for us to learn, but we are really having fun with it.  We're all pretty good with thrown weapons, the kids were learning some fencing, and I want to take up archery as soon as I can find a good used bow.

I won't be making it to Pennsic this year.  Other commitments and all that stuff.  Hoping for next year, though! 

Our shire is having an event on 9/6.  (HideAway Homecoming)  If you have the time to come by, we'd love to have you there.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Good to see somebody else is out there, I might come to that if time,money, and job allows me to.

TiaLD77

Waving Madly From teh Shire of Hornwood with Anne  ;)
Tia AKA Temair Ruadh
wont be on site for Pennsic this year either, but hope to see you next year. or at PGRF!
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

DonaCatalina

Waving from the Barony of the Steppes in the Kingdom of Ansteorra!

We are currently semi-retired, but come down and visit sometime. We have Scarby in the spring and TRF in the fall, and other faires in between.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Sir Ironhead

Lionardo de Spadacinno from the Barony of The Flame, Middle Kingdom
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on July 28, 2008, 08:45:20 PM
Lionardo de Spadacinno from the Barony of The Flame, Middle Kingdom

I'm also from the Midrealm, Shire of Oakford in the Oaken region.

Margrett

Margrett Norwoode, from the incipient barony of Ayreton in the Midrealm (Chicago area)

I WAS going to my first Pennsic this year but had to cancel. I'll be going next year instead.

Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen

Aiacha

I dabbled with the idea of joining the SCA a few times, but I decided I would just play with them.  *bounce, bounce, bounce* I leave for Pennsic Thursday!!

PurpleDragon

I served my time in Drachenwald when I was MUCH younger and a whole lot more naive. ~giggles~
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.