News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Helping out on of our own

Started by shaywhat, April 26, 2013, 09:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaywhat

Hi! My name is Shannon and I am one of the performing company out at Scarborough. Some of you may know, or recognize, me as Lady Jane Dudley. As some of you may know, or heard thru our amazing grapveine, Kari Giles has been diagnosed with Stage IV Hodkins Lymphoma. Kari is one of ours and a fighter and is determined to kick cancer in its face. But, things are hard. She has insurance but things are expensive. So we've started doing things to help her. One of those is a Quilt Raffle. Another castmember (Shay Hall / Penelope Weaver) has 5 quilts to Raffle off and we thought we'd open the raffle to those that support us and encourage us the most, our Patrons.

Sooo....here's the details!

Cost: $2/ ticket   or   $5/ 3 tickets

When: Anytime between now and Final Saturday.

The drawing will be during our cast meeting on Sunday morning the 26th of May. Since this happens before gates open we will need to get contact information for you for that day or if you can't be there that day and win we will need information on how to reach you.

If you wish to buy a raffle ticket I will be your point of contact. I'll give all the information here since I realize that in a 35+ acre field it is sometimes hard to locate a person. The easiest way to find me are at the following shows:

Noon Court Dance
Post Parade Proclamation
Kids Knighting Ceremony
Evening Court Dance

And of course, if you see me randomly through out the day feel free to stop me.

We have pictures of 4 of the 5 quilts which I will post later today once I get home. The fifth quilt is very special to all of us and is actually being put together right now. It is the SAPA Quilt. It will be a patchwork quilt made up of us. Well...costume bits of us. They are character specific or hold great meaning. So, while I apologize for not having an image of it finished yet, I suspect it will be pretty amazing.

Thank you all for your time and love. We truly appreciate it. See you in the Lanes!!

Shannon Watson
Jane, Lady Dudley

-ShayWhat

Jane Dudley, Lady Dudley

"Into the dark some light will grow."

Serenity

Is there a paypal set up so those of us not in Texas can get in on the raffle/donations?  My hugs and prayers to her and her family!
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

shaywhat

That's a great question...

I discussed it with the Quilter and we decided that we are a bit leary of PayPal due to some issues in the past. That being said:

http://friendsbeatingcancer.org/kari-giles/

Other friends of Kari set up a donation site for her. Please feel free to donate. She's a pretty awesome gal.

Thank you very very much. <3
-ShayWhat

Jane Dudley, Lady Dudley

raevyncait

Please come by Majikah Perfumery and ask for Raevyn, I'm totally in for 6 tickets!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

shaywhat

As promised, these are 4 of the 5 quilts. Be prepared for the question of "which one do you want?" Each quilt is its own raffle. <3

-ShayWhat

Jane Dudley, Lady Dudley