News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fabricaholics Super Stash Challenge! July Edition

Started by gypsylakat, June 13, 2008, 09:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gypsylakat

I know it's not July just yet, but I thought maybe we could start a new challenge to use up some of that fabric you've been hoarding away for ever so long.
This month's theme is: BAGS!
(I figured we'd start with something fairly simple)
Rules are:
1. Fabric must come at least 90% from stash fabric (i.e. stuff you had in your house prior to reading this)
2. Notions and thread are ok to buy, but extra points for using up whats in your stash!
3. Pictures are appreciated, but not super necessary.
4. Entry must fit with this months theme, (BAGS!) any kind of bag, belt bag, shoulder bag, pouch, use your imagination!
If you need help, here is the definition:[/size]
a. A container of flexible material, such as paper, plastic, or leather, that is used for carrying or storing items.
b. A handbag; a purse.
c.A piece of hand luggage, such as a suitcase or satchel.
d. An organic sac or pouch, such as the udder of a cow. (not sure how you're going to work that one out but ok...)
e. An object that resembles a pouch.
f. Nautical. The sagging or bulging part of a sail.
g. The amount that a bag can hold.
h. n amount of game taken or legally permitted to be taken.
i.Baseball. A base.
j. Slang. An area of interest or skill: Cooking is not my bag.
k. Slang. A woman considered ugly or unkempt.[/
center]

SO anyways, you have until the end of July to post!  Winner gets a free goat1 named Grape!

1 Offer not valid on terrestrial planets.
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Pascal

Does it have to be Ren-relevant?  I just did a neat tote bag out of a dish towel, but it's not exactly renaissance.  It actually did come out of my stash pile, too -- I liked the design and had put it aside to do something with it whenever the idea caught up with me.

gypsylakat

Uhmmm extra points if it's renrelated but it's ok if it's not, it's just for fun...

irish

Well, I just finished 3 pouches, a fairy bag and a gent's pouch......but I will make another, just for this challange!  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

gypsylakat

I need to go check my stash of this one fabric lol I made a bodice and have a bit left, but I was kind of thinking of using some of the fabric for myself... but i'm also thinking of using it to make the girl who i made it for bracers and a pouch as well... lol

Cilean

Here is my Stash Garb, that I promised in June and is now done (within the 6 week target)  ;D

http://picasaweb.google.com/Cilean/MaryQueenOfScotsGownAlmostDONE/photo#5231140784488512898

This was taken from this gown

I need to do some more work and I had to completely rip apart my forepart it was lopsided so I did not show it!

Cilean
Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

sealion

Cilean- I'm seeing the portrait but I'm getting the dreaded red X for your photo. :(
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Cilean

I think I fixed the link now.....poo poo head thing!!!  LOL

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Cilean!!!  Looks like you fell in love with the same portrait as I did.

Your gown is stunning. Huzzah to you!!!

Me in mine after the Historical Masqurade at Costume Con 24 in 2006  and at the Dubuque Renaissance Festival 2008 .
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde