News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

DragonCon 2011

Started by Auryn, February 18, 2011, 12:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

I was just about to resurrect this thread- you mind reader you CapnFaye :)

thank you very much for the offer, I will pm you my cell phone number and contact info as we get closer.
Its nice to know a trusted person, you never know what might happen and back up is always good :)

Good grief woman, how do you manage all those costume changes and still see everything you want to see??

All I have on my costume repertoire for this year is steampunk and cheetara.
I ran out of time to make the mord sith.

What days are you going to be there??
We are planning on getting there thursday afternoon/evening and leaving sunday morning (with an obligatory stop at trader joes since we don't have any in florida)
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

CapnFayeCutler

It's looking like Thursday through Tuesday, depending on who I ride with.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

eloquentXI

There must be foodage together at some point, as a group possibly!  :)

We are flying in on Thursday night and flying home on Monday, staying at one of the overflow hotels.

I've only go plans for three days:

Looking like Steampunk/Western Brothel Madam on Friday, Umbrella Corp on Saturday, and comfy pirate on Sunday. :-)
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Stalkwell

Make sure that you and RtB find the steam punk herd on Friday... you might be able to sign up for parade on Saturday as one of the contingent.  The parade was up to about 40 minutes as of last year.  The more parade there is, the more I get to shoot  ;)

BTW...
Here's a taste of D*C...  
Stalkwell's Dragon*Con Stuff

there is a folder for steamy goodness here...
Brassy Goodness

I will separate the D*C Steam from there and migrate it to it's own folder shortly.

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Auryn

OH we all definitely need to get together at some point.
We are staying at the holiday inn overflow hotel
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Auryn

Are any of you guys going to be walking in the parade??
I just signed us up this morning, most likely we will be in the superhero section since we are doing  comic book/cartoon super heroes

As of right now our plan is to do super heroes in the morning, go back to the hotel for lunch and a shower and do steampunk for the afternoon/evening

eloquentXI

Quote from: Auryn on August 01, 2011, 09:45:45 AM
Are any of you guys going to be walking in the parade??
I just signed us up this morning, most likely we will be in the superhero section since we are doing  comic book/cartoon super heroes

As of right now our plan is to do super heroes in the morning, go back to the hotel for lunch and a shower and do steampunk for the afternoon/evening

Parade is on Saturday right?

I'm not quite sure yet, I might. Depends on if I can get together with the rest of the Umbrella Corp from the main outpost that are going to be there. I'll be doing Umbrella Corp all day that day.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Stalkwell

Parade starts at 10:00 a.m..  Muster is at LEAST 1/2 hr. prior.  That way you can settle in and meet a couple people to boot.  Muster is at the far end of the route, about 4-5 big blocks march away, half is up hill.  Leave time for transit.  Think of it as organized chaos... that is why we usually try for  muster around 09:15-09:30.  Expect to be marching for 30-45 minutes, mostly down hill. 

Temps will be 80-90 degrees by 10 in the morning, take water if you can.  There are NO provisions at muster other than what you bring.  If you are shooting, the crowd really packs the sidewalk densely. You need a perch way early for a good line of sight, and even then people will try to roost right in front of your camera.  And remember that your badges are quite visible against your outfits... you may want to hide them after the parade has started, unless you are wanting to advertise D*C.  They can totally blow an otherwise excellent motif.  Post processing out a badge is a real bear for the purists (just call me anal ;))

Sign up this year appears to be different, on the website they suggest you sign up before Aug 20 if possible.

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Auryn

Yup parade is saturday
thanks for the tips on set up times Stalkwell, I guess we should plan on being there by 9:15 that way we aren't rushed.

I am signed up on their parade yahoo group, you have to sign up by august 20th as they will not be taking any signups at Dcon. Apparently they have had so many people march that they are cutting it off early.
If anyone wants the link to the yahoo group or instructions how to sign up by email let me know.

Thanks for the tip on the badge, I will make sure ours get put away when it starts- I don't know where I will stick it in a skin tight spandex suit but I will figure it out :)

Rani Zemirah

You will stick it somewhere in your bf's garb, of course!  ;)  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Auryn

Ya problem is he will be wearing skin tight spandex too

Rani Zemirah

Ummm... yeah, I got nothin'.  

Edit:  Oh, wait!!!  Aren't you wearing boots?  Ta-da!!!  ;D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Gary Wesley

I'm looking forward to Dragon*Con too.  I'll be wandering around taking pictures.
I'll be in civilian clothes   ....no spandex.  See?  That's how much I love you guys!

ArielCallista

So turns out I'm gonna be able to make it! Yaaaay! I'll be rocking out Ramona Flowers style the whole time. Mostly cuz that will cost me no more than like $30. I need to make myself a new subspace purse and I have to get hair dye. Other than that I have everything from Halloween. I'm super excited.
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Auryn

The party list just got updated http://dailydragon.dragoncon.org/dc-2011/2011-parties-shout-outs-lost-found/parties/

We might do the convoluted ABC party friday night- gotta figure out an outfit for that
We are definitely going to the Evening in Bree or the masked ball- ideally both

For saturday night havent decided yet wether to do the carnival night or the MMO party