News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Snowed In!!!...How are you faring???

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, December 11, 2010, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Dec.11,2010, first BLIZZARD of the season!

Down here in Rochester, we are snowed in. The winds are picking up and businesses are closing down as this passes. There is no going anywhere.

The Earl and I were to have gone to the Cities today for a meeting, dinner with our daughter, then see the Dregs later in the evening. The Dregs show has been canceled due to the weather. It is not safe anywhere in the storm area to be on the roads.

How is it faring where you are???
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

William_MacKean

Shovelled 5 times, now.  Barely making a difference now that the drifting is here...

Celtic Lady

So far in Des Moines it's not too bad. It is starting to snow and possibly sleet. It's 22* with a windchill of 6*. There is a blizzard warning for us until 9:00 a.m. Sunday. I was going to go shopping today but with me still with a respiratory "thing" I decided to stay in until tomorrow.... then we'll see what's happened here  ;)

Xantrawler

I live south of Rochester NY, I hope this has nothing to do with the name. LOL Now, don't take this personal, but you can keep the weather over there, you don't need to share. After all Buffalo had its snow storm we don't need to spread it all over.

Lady Renee Buchanan

NW Illinois:  snowing really hard since early afternoon, and before that, rain, so as the temps are dropping, there is snow over solid ice.  My company's Christmas party was cancelled.  Evidently on Hwy. 20 in Dubuque, IA, they pulled the plows off the road & have a towing ban (so I've read on Facebook).  The party venue is about an hour away from my house in good weather, so I wasn't going to chance it with near white-out conditions tonight.

Why did we move from Florida?  Remind me, please.   ???
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

dbaldock

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on December 11, 2010, 05:58:11 PM
NW Illinois:  snowing really hard since early afternoon, and before that, rain, so as the temps are dropping, there is snow over solid ice.  My company's Christmas party was cancelled.  Evidently on Hwy. 20 in Dubuque, IA, they pulled the plows off the road & have a towing ban (so I've read on Facebook).  The party venue is about an hour away from my house in good weather, so I wasn't going to chance it with near white-out conditions tonight.

Why did we move from Florida?  Remind me, please.   ???

To get away from adverse weather, like Hurricanes?   ;)   :D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Ferret

Tired of Winter already. Third weekend storm that hurts my business. Gave the critters at home extra food and water, figured I'd be sleeping at work tonight. Temperature is dropping and winds picking up.
Ferret

dbaldock

It was 77° here in Houston today.

For some reason, we didn't get any snow...   ;)
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: dbaldock on December 11, 2010, 09:26:19 PM

For some reason, we didn't get any snow...   ;)

Well, bully for you.  ::)
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The winds are howling away. Still snowing at this late hour!!  Crikey!!

Tomorrow after my retired neighbor, Bill, snowblows the driveway, I will get out the shovel and clean up so the sun can melt what remains. That will be good excercise for the day.

dbaldock

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on December 11, 2010, 09:48:37 PM
Quote from: dbaldock on December 11, 2010, 09:26:19 PM

For some reason, we didn't get any snow...   ;)

Well, bully for you.  ::)

LOL!  I won't mind if you gloat a bit the next time I have to run away from a Hurricane here in Houston.   :)

Sitara

We got about 18 inches of snow in Baldwin, WI.  According to the local weather people, we can expect another 2-4 inches before morning.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Random Girl

We are sitting at about 16/17" in Brooklyn Center/Robbinsdale.  I went over to a friends house last night to hang out fully intending on going home.  Ended up passing out on the couch and waking up this morning snowed in.  Braved the weather to go home and grab provisions and head back to her place.  My apartment lot doesn't get plowed until Monday and there is no way I'm getting my little Kia in there...or back out for work on Monday for that matter.  Kid is stuck in Cottage Grove with Grandma and will likely stay there through Monday. 

The fibromyalgia is kicking my butt, the internet is boring me, and I'm tired.

Other than that things are great.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Tarac

I love my 4-Wheel drive the snow is not fun for cleaning off the roof though, Just heard on the news the roof of the metrodome collapsed from the snow need to dig the Mother-in-law out her house is drifted in we have 4 foot Drifts by our house in Anoka Life is fun.
Scotch the only way to go

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The driveway of my house is thigh deep. It;s going to take a big hinkin' snowblower to plow through. The plowed drift at the base of the driveway near the street is close to 5 feet. Damn Snowplows!

Welcome to Winter!