News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where are you staying?

Started by Merlin, September 19, 2010, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacKee

I could tell all of you coming from Tomball the secret back way...avoid Magnoila all together. But I don't know..... ::) :o
The Order of Culloden Moor

Fenster

Quote from: MacKee on September 20, 2010, 02:17:48 PM
Traffic will be a problem especially now that 1488 is under contruction - The Woodlands is not the best place to stay...too far away from faire to begin with. Stay in Magnolia or Tomball.  There are 3 hotels in Magnolia now. But if you must - an hour away are hotels in Conroe, The Woodlands, Navasota and Waller/290 area I believe.
There are also some newish hotels in Montgomery too.  Only about 30 minutes away and right across from the lake.

I love that we live in Montgomery now.   ;D

MacKee

Quote from: Fenster on September 22, 2010, 04:22:16 PM
Quote from: MacKee on September 20, 2010, 02:17:48 PM
Traffic will be a problem especially now that 1488 is under contruction - The Woodlands is not the best place to stay...too far away from faire to begin with. Stay in Magnolia or Tomball.  There are 3 hotels in Magnolia now. But if you must - an hour away are hotels in Conroe, The Woodlands, Navasota and Waller/290 area I believe.
There are also some newish hotels in Montgomery too.  Only about 30 minutes away and right across from the lake.

I love that we live in Montgomery now.   ;D

HA! You are correct sir....I forgot about Montgomery.  :)
The Order of Culloden Moor

THELADYKAT

We will be the back with the rest of the workers like always. It is just better for the baby.
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

meauho

Living in Tomball (or 3 blocks from the limit anyway), the drive is only that fast if you make it for gate opening.
If you plan on arriving later, the drive can take quite a while.  Still a lot faster than coming from the Woodlands, and faster than I ever managed from Conroe, but I've had it take an hour plus (and longer getting back at close).

Just south of Tomball (within 5/10 miles and minutes in drive) are several more hotel options along the 249 corridor (try not to go south of Louetta to avoid standard city traffic)
"New ideas are always suspected, and usually opposed,without any other reason but because they are not already common."

LadyStitch

Doing research....  we are currently looking at the lake Conroe/ Montgomery Super 8.  Did any of you stay there last year for faire?
We are just looking for a nice CLEAN place to sleep, that is NOT camping, and won't cost us more than our angelforge items , to stay there.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

JackGonzo, MD

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

maeven

We usually stay in the Woodlands, at the Best Western because we have the rewards card. Because of the traffic troubles this year, this might be something my husband and I will have to re-think. Since we will be camping once this year, that's covered for now.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

DonaCatalina

We now stay with our daughter in Houston; but in the past we several times stayed at the Best Western in Tomball on medical complex dr. Close access to stores and food choices. And close enough that the traffic is less of an issue. Especially if you're early birds like we are.
The one time we stayed in Montgomery was not wonderful. I would not recommend it.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bonny Pearl

There are two new hotels in Tomball with easy access to Highway 249 that gets you to faire:

La Quinta
Hampton Inn

There is also a new La Quinta in Magnolia, closer to The Woodlands/I-45.  This is on FM1488.

The hotels (in both areas) are located near chain restaurants, grocery stores, big box stores, etc.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

LadyStitch

If, If If we go this year we need a hotel room due to the fuzzlet.  Last year it was down to 35 degrees that weekend, and she is NOT going to be in a tent all night with that.  Knowing we have an actual room to go back to would be a great relife.

Our big thing is we want to be close enough to the campground to be with our friends that morning, and then having dinner with them. Then head back to a clean place sleep that has AC/Heating, and won't cost more than $75 a night to stay there.  The whole hour to get from camp to the hotel is something we would like to avoid.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Breandan

We live in the west Woodlands, so we're already pretty close. Unfortunately, I am likely going to miss faire entirely this year for the same reasons as last year *headdesk*
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

WHAT??  I thought you took you name off the list and went "inactive" for a year...

>:(
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Are you saying you will be out of the country, Breandan?  Because if it's the other reason, then we will find a way to get you all there...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Breandan

Fraser- different firm approached me for a position and an offer I couldn't refuse. PM inbound.

Rani- first option. Not guaranteed yet, but 80% likely
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me