News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1st time TRF AND Camping!

Started by FatSat30, August 11, 2010, 11:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

Yup - I've put it off long enough - Time to drag all of the gear out of the attic and begin the inventory process - We'll have to go shopping this week to replenish supplies.  That usually entails a trip to Sams Club and Bass Pro Shops (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Aiacha

I think the main thing I need to do is evaluate the weekends I'm cooking and pack up my kitchen.  My tent stuff and general camping supplies will need a going though, but the only thing I see needing in there are batteries.  I've already pulled it all out of storage (minus the fire bowl and I'm not sure how much I'll need that).

Lady D1

Just spent a lovely weekend at Lake Somerville camping, so if we decide to camp at TRF, I know all my camping supplies are ready to go!!! 

Now if we camp, when will it be!!! 
Don't delay, taste a tart today!

KiltedPrivateer

The busiest/fullest weekends are opening - AHE - Closing
Lover of Lady Kitara

Lady D1

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on September 27, 2010, 01:11:29 PM
The busiest/fullest weekends are opening - AHE - Closing

Is that a good thing or a bad thing???

KiltedPrivateer

I only posted that as an FYI so that you know when your chances are good to find an RF.com group in the camp grounds.  That said, there are some members (e.g. Bonnie and McKee) that are there every weekend.
(o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

Lady D1

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on September 27, 2010, 01:23:21 PM
I only posted that as an FYI so that you know when your chances are good to find an RF.com group in the camp grounds.  That said, there are some members (e.g. Bonnie and McKee) that are there every weekend.
(o:

Ah, gotcha.  Seems to be that AHE is THE weekend to camp.  And that would be the weekend that my renlet has a choir performance so she would not be able to camp.  This might make camping that weekend a perfect idea! 

Brenna

That said, there are some members (e.g. Bonnie and McKee) that are there every weekend.
(o:

Bonny practically lives on site. :P Lucky girl!  What a gloriously fun season!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Lady D1 on September 27, 2010, 01:25:53 PM
(o:

Ah, gotcha.  Seems to be that AHE is THE weekend to camp.  And that would be the weekend that my renlet has a choir performance so she would not be able to camp.  This might make camping that weekend a perfect idea!  

Yeah, AHE is when the freaks come outta the woodwork... look, that's when i camp.  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Hey!  We're not ALL freaks... some of us are completely norm... uhhh, well... faaar less freakish than others!  :P 

It is, however, the weekend when just about everyone lets their freak flag fly, and it's almost always in fun, funny and fantastic ways, so if you're going to camp only one weekend, my advice would be to make it that one! 

Oh, and as for renlets in camp... my 9 y/o will be there, and I believe Bonny and McGee will have their young'un there, as well (at least, they did last year), so either way it's still a great time! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady D1

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 27, 2010, 04:13:49 PM
Hey!  We're not ALL freaks... some of us are completely norm... uhhh, well... faaar less freakish than others!  :P 

It is, however, the weekend when just about everyone lets their freak flag fly, and it's almost always in fun, funny and fantastic ways, so if you're going to camp only one weekend, my advice would be to make it that one! 

Oh, and as for renlets in camp... my 9 y/o will be there, and I believe Bonny and McGee will have their young'un there, as well (at least, they did last year), so either way it's still a great time! 

Freaks are fine but me!  Don't exactly consider myself normal.  I think I would bring my renlet camping but it might be a bit more fun if I was renletless for our first time.  I do like to lean nearing to the irresponsible (aka fun and wild) side sometimes!!

Rani Zemirah

I don't blame you...  I almost thought I was going to be there solo this year, but handing out candy with my mom just doesn't have the same appeal as all the wonders of Faire!  It would have been different if my mom had volunteered to take her out trick-or-treating, but she won't leave her own house to do that because she thinks she might miss some of the kids (fewer and fewer every year) who ring her bell.  This year we're going to see a lot more of the Faire, though, so she's just as excited as I am!  Last year was our first visit to TRF, and we stuck mostly to the central areas because we didn't know where anything was, and we were busy visiting with all of our R?F friends, but we have more of an agenda this year... and we're hoping to drag a few folks along with us, as well!  It will be Adventure Weekend!!!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Strictly speaking... doing what we do... acting like we act... and dressing as we do...Pssst, is not NORMAL. ;)

But i'm proud to be a freak and i stand in good company! Lol! :D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Someone asked me,last year, what AHE @ TRF is like... Hmmmm, it was a tough one... the best i could come up with was The Burning Man Festival meets Woodstock.   8) Anyone got a better description?
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede