News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So You Think You Can Dance

Started by Leyla, June 02, 2008, 05:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyla

YAY!  Season 4 has begun!

I love this show.  I'm not much of an American Idol fan, and really don't watch much reality TV, but this show wins me over every time.

It seems like this year the auditions are showing far more talent than in the past.  Yes there are the hokey, craptastic auditions thrown in, but they are far outweighed by the stunning performances.

I have no dance talent myself, and I am in complete AWE at the way these beautiful dancers have mastered their bodies. 

Here are a few of my favorite highlights for those who are interested:

Robert Murraine brings something brand new to the Robot Dance.

Anthony & Antwain Hart, twin brothers.  I've seen other dancers who've WOW'd me more than these two, however the way the audition played out gave me warm fuzzies.

Arielle Coker and John Dix had a lovely couples dance.

Kelli Baker.  For me most of the female solos seem to fall into this sort of genre of dance, and I can't really tell the ladies apart too well yet for it.  I find each of them so beautiful and graceful.

And the most chilling audition I've seen, Brandon Bryant.  Like the judges I was absolutely blown away.  He exibits such flexibility for someone so muscular!  I also love how masculine his dance was.  I often see in these dance shows the male dancers are critiqued for being too feminine when they dance.  Brandon Bryant certainly doesn't have anything to worry about there!

Here's a little flashback to show where the show is heading.  One of my favorite routines from last season.

I can't wait to see more of this season!

volans

Love love LOVE this show. I'm so happy it's back. I just saw tonight's episode and I love with. Especially Caitlyn and Mark's dance... as soon as it gets on youtube I'll definitely link it because it was beautiful.
I sat watching a flower
as it was withering
I was embarrassed by it's honesty