News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Martin Montgomery update...

Started by Rani Zemirah, December 04, 2009, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

YAY!!!  Just talked to Martin Montgomery, and he's recovering nicely, and may be allowed to go home later today, or more likely tomorrow!!!  He sounds in good spirits, and is grateful for all the concern, calls and well wishes, but he's really wishing he had a laptop so he could get on R/F and FB to thank everyone himself!  LOL  

For those of you who haven't heard, he was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery on Tuesday, Dec. 1st, for complications from a hernia affecting his intestines, and everything went well and he is feeling better every day.  

So many people are praying for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery, dear one, and there are special hugs and kisses headed your way, as well!  Take care, and remember... 30lb limit does not mean 30lbs in each hand!!!  Take it easy, and take a break every once in a while...  We love you!   :-*
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyShadow

Oh my.  Glad to hear he is doing better.  Best of luck on recovering and remembering to follow those silly rules they  put on you.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Martin is the kind of man that you can't tell "take it easy", Rani... He'll need his rest but you know as well as i, that he'll be at it again sooner than he should!  ;)

MARTIN!  GET WELL AND DO AS THE SAWBONES TELLS YE, BROTHER!!  Prayers of strength to ye...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Taffy Saltwater

Oh, darlin', I'm sorry to hear you have been under the weather.  Take good care of yourself - we want to see your handsome mug at faire next year and for many many years thereafter.  *pay heed to your leeches - that's what they get paid for*
Sveethot!

eloquentXI

Been praying for you big brother! I'm glad to hear you're doing better.
But you better take it easy or else I will drive down there and make sure you do.
Sending love your way!  :-*
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on December 04, 2009, 10:13:16 AM
Martin is the kind of man that you can't tell "take it easy", Rani... He'll need his rest but you know as well as i, that he'll be at it again sooner than he should!  ;)

MARTIN!  GET WELL AND DO AS THE SAWBONES TELLS YE, BROTHER!!  Prayers of strength to ye...

I know, Fraser, but I gave him hell for it, and he knows I'm not above taking the flogger to him if he doesn't behave for at least a while!!!  He's promised me that we'll sit by the fire whilst others do the heavy lifting at Sherwood, if I manage to make it out there for opening.  If not, then I trust you all to see to it that things are quite literally "taken out of his hands" when he tries to over-do the next time!  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lishy

We will watch him like a hawk at Sherwood, No Worries!

Martin, so glad to hear you are healing well.  No more scaring us all like that, you hear?  I need you hale and hearty so I can stock up on those wonderful hugs when I see you next!

Love you tons and glad to hear you are doing better.  Thanks for updating us all, Rani (and Messyn)!
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on December 04, 2009, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on December 04, 2009, 10:13:16 AM
Martin is the kind of man that you can't tell "take it easy", Rani... He'll need his rest but you know as well as i, that he'll be at it again sooner than he should!  ;)

MARTIN!  GET WELL AND DO AS THE SAWBONES TELLS YE, BROTHER!!  Prayers of strength to ye...

I know, Fraser, but I gave him hell for it, and he knows I'm not above taking the flogger to him if he doesn't behave for at least a while!!!  He's promised me that we'll sit by the fire whilst others do the heavy lifting at Sherwood, if I manage to make it out there for opening.  If not, then I trust you all to see to it that things are quite literally "taken out of his hands" when he tries to over-do the next time!  ;)

You got that right... he may not be waited on, hand & foot, but he'll not be doing anything while i'm around.   ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

MacLaren

Wow, I had no idea!

Dude, get well, take it easy, all that! I know you were busting your butt all weekend, so take a break!

Well wishes from Dan and Tindy, my friend!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Lishy on December 04, 2009, 01:53:43 PM
We will watch him like a hawk at Sherwood, No Worries!

Martin, so glad to hear you are healing well.  No more scaring us all like that, you hear?  I need you hale and hearty so I can stock up on those wonderful hugs when I see you next!

Love you tons and glad to hear you are doing better.  Thanks for updating us all, Rani (and Messyn)!

I know you will, Lish, and I'm so grateful you're all down there to keep him in line!  I never would have known if it weren't for Messyn, so I need to thank her, also, for getting the word out so quickly! 

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on December 04, 2009, 02:12:03 PM
If not, then I trust you all to see to it that things are quite literally "taken out of his hands" when he tries to over-do the next time!  ;)
________________________________________________________________________________

You got that right... he may not be waited on, hand & foot, but he'll not be doing anything while i'm around.   ;D

Oh, I have the feeling there will be several wenches waiting on him, for a while, at least...  ;) LOL  And I know I can count on all you big, strong kilted lads to take over the bulk of the work Martin usually handles in camp, while he's recovering!  Maybe he can sit and stir the fire for a while...  :D

Hmmm... have to recruit some dancing girls, and maybe a grape peeler or two... that might keep him in one place for a while!  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

AnnMarie B

Martin, you have been in our prayers and will continue to be.  Wish we were closer so I could get one of your world-famous hugs and give you some of our family's TLC in return.  Feel better soon!!
Phoenix Risen

eldatari

I just spoke to Monte on the phone, he ask me to let everyone know that he is out of the hospital.  He is on his way home right now.  He said that he will check the forums and facebook tomorrow.  Tonight he is going home and going to bed!

Rani Zemirah

Oh, HUZZAH!!!  I'm soooo glad he'll be able to get home and get comfortable, without someone coming in every 15 minutes to take blood, check vitals and just generally keep him from resting.  I hope he's got someone to come over and help him, though.  I know he's got family near by... I just wish I was closer so I could at least take him some good nourishing broth (and Jello) while he's making his way back to solid food...

Take it easy, dear... and don't hesitate to call if you get bored and want someone to talk with!!!  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

eldatari

When I talked to him he was with his sister.  She was in Walgreens getting his pain meds.

Bonny Pearl

Martin... I thought we had enough of doctors for this year?  :) I'm glad to hear you are recovering well.  Get plenty of rest!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88