News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rules For An Adult Child Returning?

Started by Mairte, July 31, 2011, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on August 05, 2011, 04:53:43 PM
Like I said earlier, it was more a problem of Nim and I making noise than him and his lady...

i can picture you now with a blue pill and a pewter goblet full of mead................

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Mairte

I guess everyone has their own opinions about things.(shrug) If you asked 100 individual families, you probably wouldnt get exactly the same answers and loads of different reasons why they replied as they did. :)
My mother and I were having a conversation about my 19 year old...her nickname is "Tigger" because she is talking non stop/moving from the time she gets up until the time she goes to bed....I dont know where she gets the energy.(shakes head)
Anyway. The rules are going over pretty well. But this is the honeymoon period so we will see.

kcdcchef

I moved out at 16 and NEVER EVER EVER looked back, could not WAIT to get out. i wanted to do what i wanted when i wanted without discussion ever. so the best way in life to accomplish this is to get your own pad. then you never have to take orders from anyone. ( says the married man )

William_MacKean

I think some parents set rules to punish children for perceived wrongs thruout their life.  It is like they home to exact a pound of flesh from them or get some sick enjoyment watching them squirm or live in an uncomfortable situation.

Maybe adults should treat adults like adults?

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 07, 2011, 07:28:49 PM...Maybe adults should treat adults like adults?
While you have somewhat of a point, William, it assumes that the adult children are acting like adults...and the parents as well. Good in theory, but isn't always the case, from either perspective. It's an unfortunate side-effect of being human.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Mairte

Definitely Merlin. My 25 year old acts like an adult most of the time. My 19 year CAN act like an adult. But also like a 10 year old a good share of the time. ::)