News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Returning

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 21, 2008, 09:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Toki and I will be returning this weekend and then again closing weekend (Saturdays both days. Saturday Aug 2nd being Toki's birthday). I hope to catch as many of you as I can on my magic fairy box.

I'd say find me if you can as I will be dressed just slightly different, but if you find Toki who is dressed as normal, you will find me.

I hope you all had fun this past week at faire. Toki and I had a western experience at Frontier Days in old Cheyenne. It was fun and I managed to capture over 600 photo's of the rodeo, Native American dancers, and characters at Wild Horse Gulch (Wyatt Earp, mountain men, Wild Bill, and a few others). I working on posting them for anyone interestd, but going through 600 pictures is not an easy task. OYE just to think I could probably catch that at Faire.

HUZZAH to you all, have a great week and catch you all again soon.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Blushing

Frontier days are always a blast.  I understand about the photos though ...

Safe travels and see you soon!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Demetrius

I would love to go to Cheyenne, but they won't let me.

It will be interesting to see how different you will be dressed. Hopefully this weekend will be a little cooler with a lot more people.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

CFD was a blast. It does run all week long from JUly 18 to 27th. I know it's impossible during the weekend, but go during the week. You'll have less crowds which to Thomas and I are madening. And you think a lot of people go to faire. It's wall to wallpeople that meander and stop and block traffic and it is not cheap for food. A lemonade fresh squeezed with WAY to much suger was $5. A Hamburger $5. a cheese burger $6 fries are extra. A beer $5 or $6 not sure as I avoid it. A Pop $5 and they are a bit smaller than faires.

Differant as in Not my red Katherine Parr fur dress (will wear that closing weekend)

I thought about wenchie, I thought wenchie with a touch of pirate, and I thought Noble

quess you'll have to see
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Blushing

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 23, 2008, 08:50:11 AM
CFD was a blast. It does run all week long from JUly 18 to 27th. I know it's impossible during the weekend, but go during the week. You'll have less crowds which to Thomas and I are madening. And you think a lot of people go to faire. It's wall to wallpeople that meander and stop and block traffic and it is not cheap for food. A lemonade fresh squeezed with WAY to much suger was $5. A Hamburger $5. a cheese burger $6 fries are extra. A beer $5 or $6 not sure as I avoid it. A Pop $5 and they are a bit smaller than faires.

Sounds like Disneyland ...  ;D

It's on my list of things to do, since I read a great story about it somewhere ... but it's a very long list.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I started going to CFD in... well when I was fresh out in the world. I went almost every year for many years and then stopped. I started going again when I was 8th grade of so and went every year until my Sr high school year summer. I'd spend all week up there with my dad who race Quarter Horses there (They no longer do Quarter Horse racing or Chuckwagon racing) CFD was a great thing for underage drining and parting. You could get what ever you wanted and regret it every morning and go do it again that night. I made a lot of friends back then and had total freedom but not money.

It wasn't until last year that I went back taking Toki who had never been. So much had changed in over 25 years since I last had visitied. One thing I can claim is I actually rode in the rodeo there two years in a row in Pony bronc riding. I still have one of my numbers... maybe both.

Funny how I went from Country to metal and now have just a smig of my country back (Only for CFD or other western events I may go to which at this point is none besides CFD).

If you can find the time, go. Tickets aren't that bad as Toki and I had great seats for $17 each plus sir charges which luckily faire doesn't have.

Me, I prefer faire. it suits me better, but CFD is fun
"The Metal Maiden"