News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What is your favorite memory from this season?

Started by Love Good Wood, May 28, 2012, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

Mother's Day, sitting near one of the stages and having a nice visit with Leah/Marga/Jofranka

Third weekend, Scottish Court, when my dear dear friends Sarita & Tom were recognized at Court celebrating their wedding anniversary

Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Blushing

I have so very many memories from my two visits that I treasure ... especially seeing old friends, again, and meeting new ones ... but one moment in particular stands out.

During the final parade on Memorial Day, just after the ragman passed, a gent walked up to peer into my camera lens ... but he didn't just wander off.  He looked into my eyes and said something along the lines of that he particularly likes those who look him in the eye, even more so those who have a twinkle in their eyes.

I have no ideas who he is, but he made me smile for a VERY long time.  I rather wish I could find him, to thank him!

Mayhaps it's simply silly ... but there ye go.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

William the Braveheart

Quote from: Al-Nimer on May 30, 2012, 11:16:39 PM
QuoteI was drumming for them on Sunday, and I remember you taking the picture with the dancers after the show.  Pretty sure I know who you're talking about, but I won't name any names.

Al-Nimer, shoot me an e-mail at braveheartfusion@cox.net.

Yes, I asked the other drummer after the show if I could sit in with yall, but he balked because he said there was a pre-set routine. I would up drumming with Tartanic though, so it all worked out just fine.  

Would like to join your "Star Dancer"drumming group if I wind up moving to Fort Worth. My friend who lives there, is moving and is willing to rent his house to me instead of selling it...................WTB
"Consuming my enemies with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my arse"

captmarga

Quote from: raevyncait on May 31, 2012, 12:44:51 PM
Mother's Day, sitting near one of the stages and having a nice visit with Leah/Marga/Jofranka

Third weekend, Scottish Court, when my dear dear friends Sarita & Tom were recognized at Court celebrating their wedding anniversary

Aw, thank you!

Getting to spend even a few borrowed moments with friends is precious to me in the lanes!  We are there to entertain patrons, and Platrons are just that.  I many not have much time to speak with playtrons, but I do try!

My favorite moment has to be a behind-the-scenes one, when Misha (Bryan J) was named Best Event Director for Gypsy Extravaganza!  Huzzah!   Thank you all who attended and made that show a success.

Marga (Jofranka)
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Alerrick Afon Adou

I really enjoyed the whole run. Meeting new people seeing old ones. Merlin the Elder and Lady Ketts vow renewal was Great Fun. I really enjoy it when the cast would interact with me in the lanes...............Huzzah         Alerrick Afon Adou

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Alerrick Afon Adou on June 10, 2012, 08:25:19 PM
I really enjoyed the whole run. Meeting new people seeing old ones. Merlin the Elder and Lady Ketts vow renewal was Great Fun. I really enjoy it when the cast would interact with me in the lanes...............Huzzah         Alerrick Afon Adou
Just to clarify... Merlin the Elder and Lady Kett did not renew vows to each other, we had separate ceremonies in which we renewed vows to our respective spouses.  I wanted to clarify that so that Lady Nimue and Sidekick would not get the wrong idea... :P
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 11, 2012, 06:27:43 AM
Quote from: Alerrick Afon Adou on June 10, 2012, 08:25:19 PM
Just to clarify... Merlin the Elder and Lady Kett did not renew vows to each other, we had separate ceremonies in which we renewed vows to our respective spouses.  I wanted to clarify that so that Lady Nimue and Sidekick would not get the wrong idea... :P

LOL. So true! :)

lilaney

Best Part of this year? Being There!
Despite the heat draining my already taxed resources I was able to make it out... and I did not go into Labor!

My favorite moments... EVERY mug the Fiery Dawn earned!
Our Vitsa knocked it out of the Vardo!