News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

When A Door Closes. . .

Started by William Blackheath, July 09, 2008, 01:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Blackheath

I was laid off on July 2, after over a dozen years with my former company.  There were three at my branch and several more at other branches.  I can't be too heartbroken though, as it was a soul-crushing place to work.  The only real loss is that I'll have to pay for my prescription (severe allergies causing hives and the like) out of pocket for a while.  I did get ten weeks of severance pay. 

Also, my mother is going in for double knee surgery in August.  My brothers (both doctors) are trying to talk her into having one knee done at a time, as it's apparently safer and recuperation on both at the same time could be a large problem.  But she's a very active 79-year-old lady and wants to get it over with.  She's looking forward to her third trip to Bristol and is hoping to come in garb! 

Please send prayers and good wishes for her successful surgery and speedy recovery.  Oh, yeah, and maybe throw something in about my finding a better job! :)

RenRobin

William my prayers to you for your job search, may it be one that is not soul crushing.

Also, prayers for you mother in her surgeries.
Loki-terr (in training)

Deborah

My thoughts and prayers are headed to you for your search for the dream job...and to your mom for her surgeries.
If all is going well, you've obviously overlooked something!

lady serena

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Ginette

Prayers and good thoughts headed your way. 
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

DeadBishop

Good thoughts for your family and good luck with the job search!

R/F.com member since 2003

LadyOren

Think positive, even in the darkest hours there is light.   Sending prayers and will add your dearest Mom to the healing circle prayer list.  Best to you and yours.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman