News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shepherd's pie at the Castle

Started by LadyHawkeontheHill, November 16, 2010, 02:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyHawkeontheHill

Who made that delicious shepherd's pie? It sat in the kitchen and there was so much food on the table that it never got put out. I was fortunate enough to abscond with it and served it at a brunch that I attended that Sunday afternoon. It was absolutely DELICIOUS and I want the recipe. C'mon, fess up Castleteers...
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

WindChime

It might of been someone that Melissa & Derek brought with them. I remember her saying one of the guys made one.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

jinx

I'm pretty sure Missy's brother Michael made the one that -did- get set out on the table.  Or, at the very least, he made something someone called shepherd's pie...I just know there were a lot of mashed potatoes involved, and it got -devoured-.  I also know Mr. and Mrs. Blue (Heath and Michelle) brought shepherd's pie, but I don't know if it got eaten or if it is the one that sat in the kitchen.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

ladylissame

Yes, my brother made some, but it was pretty much gone by Sunday morn
What is funny too is that, as some may recall, my engine started to overheat as we pulled into the lot. Well, as we left the hood open to let the engine cool, he put the pan on the engine to keep it warm.
I will tell him you loved it and to get me the recipe so I may get it to you. Or I can point you his way on facebook :)

LadyHawkeontheHill

This particular shepherd's pie had pepperoni and black olives in the hamburger mixture. Would that be Michaels recipe?
Castleteer Pillar

michelle

That one was probably the one we made.  I sat it on the kitchen counter because there was not enough room on the table.  It has black olives and pepperoni in the mix and cheddar cheese on top. I never did see it on the table that night.  If you think that is the one just let me know and I will send you the recipe.
Mrs. Blue

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: michelle on November 18, 2010, 01:16:39 PM
That one was probably the one we made.  I sat it on the kitchen counter because there was not enough room on the table.  It has black olives and pepperoni in the mix and cheddar cheese on top. I never did see it on the table that night.  If you think that is the one just let me know and I will send you the recipe.

Maybe just post it here?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jared Thorne

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on November 18, 2010, 05:22:27 PM
Quote from: michelle on November 18, 2010, 01:16:39 PM

Maybe just post it here?

Aye, that would be a good idea. Then again, I am a sucker for a good shepherds pie.
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80

michelle

Lol, I will post it once I get back home.  Hopefully it is the one that Ladyhawkeonthehill is searching for.  If not then I guess it is yet another version of Shepherds pie!  Heath kind of made it up and it is different than the norm but we like it.  Will post the recipe soon for any that are interested.
Mrs. Blue

LadyHawkeontheHill

That is indeed the recipe I seek! Please post for all.
Castleteer Pillar

LadyHawkeontheHill

Quote from: michelle on November 20, 2010, 09:38:34 PM
Lol, I will post it once I get back home.  Hopefully it is the one that Ladyhawkeonthehill is searching for.  If not then I guess it is yet another version of Shepherds pie!  Heath kind of made it up and it is different than the norm but we like it.  Will post the recipe soon for any that are interested.

I wonder when she gets back home...
Castleteer Pillar

Molden

HeeeeeLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo! Recipie nau? Yes Pleazzze! NAU!!!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

michelle

Sorry folks the computer has been down. But here is the recipe.

1 pound ground beef
1 taco seasoning packet
1 package instant garlic mashed potatoes
1 small can sliced black olives (drained)
1 package shredded cheddar cheese
1 deep dish pie crust
small package of pepperoni slices
chopped onions (optional)

Cook ground beef with taco seasoning according to package directions.  Mix black olives in with beef and pour in baked pie crust. Layer pepperoni on top of beef. Prepare mashed potatoes and layer on top of pepperoni. Top with cheddar cheese.  Bake @ 350 until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Hope you enjoy!
Mrs. Blue

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

mmmm sounds yummy... with maybe a slight twist on the mashed potatoes... garlic does not like me so much!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Made this yesterday and it was quite a hit - good stuff!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell