News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First time visitor

Started by GypsyWriter, June 29, 2010, 05:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avan

Thank you Baron. 

Yes come to my shop and dress up right.

LadyDracolich

Quote from: Baron on July 21, 2010, 09:00:04 AM
Why would an RF'er such as yourself commit sacrilege by attending Faire naked when there is a costume rental right outside the front gate?

Because I don't wear costumes, I wear garb. ;)  And I'm not going to rent something at the front gate.  (Yes, I'm being a bit of a garb snob.  But I've got some great garb, I'm just not bringing it.)  I'm going with a friend of mine and she's not going garbed, so I'll feel kinda crappy if I bring some of my garb and she doesn't play with me. :/  So, I'll go naked and enjoy none the less.  Besides, it'll give me an opportunity to check the place out for RenDezvous next year. :)
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Francisco Paula

You can hang out with me at faire Lady D. I don't care if you are in garb or naked.

Hey- Arent You?

OK, gotta say...... and PPUUULLEEEAAASSSE don't take this wrong..... all possible respect intended.  :) :) :-* :-*
I noticed a long time ago, playtrons always refer to their faire clothes as "garb". it was once so with me as well.
actor/participants call them "costumes"....because we are playing a role complete with accent, history & persona.

that being said, I probably wouldn't rent one either. (Sorry Avan... Love ya Bro!)
I would promptly buy one.
cuz the tourists just don't get out of your way when you are not in costume.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Zoë

I bet they'd get out of your way if you were naked though....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hey- Arent You?

I don't know how to respond to that. ::) :o ;D :-[ :-X ;)
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

LadyDracolich

Quote from: Zoë on July 21, 2010, 04:30:15 PM
I bet they'd get out of your way if you were naked though....

I bet they would... but somehow, I'm not sure I'd be getting through the front gates.  :-\    :o
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Zoë

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on July 21, 2010, 05:00:34 PM

I don't know how to respond to that. ::) :o ;D :-[ :-X ;)

You always talk about the people who don't get out of your way when you are walking Paige through parade...you never know, it might help....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy