News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

In Remembrance of a close friend

Started by Lord Clisto of York, October 22, 2010, 02:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Hello my friends,

It is with a heavy heart, that on this exact day of Friday, October 22nd, 2004, 6 years ago, I lost one of my dearest and closest friends. Many others in and off from the Renaissance community also felt the loss since they also knew him since he touched so many. For those of you who did not know him, I thought I would share a little about him.

His name was Jason W. Cope, otherwise known to many as Ulfgrim the Mighty of the Viking Alewulf Hoard at Bristol. He was 39 years old of Hebron,Indiana. He was a graduate of Hobart High School, Class of 1983. Jason received his Associate of Arts Criminal Justice degree from Indiana University Northwest, his Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education from Indiana University and his Master's degree in English from Purdue University Calumet. He was a former Hobart Police Officer. Jason had taught English at Portage High School since 1990. He was known for his love and knowledge of the Dark Age & Medieval Era, especially Norse or Viking history. He was an animal lover and was very active in dog rescue. Jason was a very good man that was high spirited in everything he did. He was a man of Honor, Respect, Integrity, Loyalty, and Friendship. He made life fun for everyone around him. But most of all, he was known for his wit and strong presence at faire.

I hope this little bit of insite into this man has gotten many people to know him just a little. To me, he was as close as a real brother and thus his loss still isn't as easy as some people say it would get as time passes. This day I honor him. Some people come into ones life for a reason. And to be honored to have known him was that for me. He is greatly missed. HAIL, ULFGRIM!!!!!

To see pictures of him, go to the link below -

http://www.sirclisto.com/gone/jas1.html

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Merlin the Elder

I shall raise a toast to the memory of your friend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rowan MacD

In 2008, on the 16th of this same month, I also lost a viking friend. 
  I posted the Prayer for the Dead on my Renspace page for him, and I will repost it here for both of them, now feasting with Odin these years past:

~From the 13th Warrior~
(actual date first recorded 100-110 AD)

Lo, There do I see my Father
Lo, There do I see my Mother and my Brothers and my Sisters
Lo, There do I see the line of my people back to the beginning
Lo, They do call to me!
They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla
Where mine enemies have been vanquished.
Where the brave shall live Forever.

I raise a cup of yellow mead and sing a toast to their memories.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Anna Iram

What beautiful tributes. I'll raise my glass in tribute alongside yours.

Lord Clisto of York

Thank you everyone. I am honored to be in the company of friends like yourselves. Here is one writing a minister friend of mine wrote for him after his passing. It was very fitting  -

"Ride over Bifrost, the Rainbow bridge to Asgard dear brother, and there proclaim your rightful entry through those most auspicious and eternal gates. Be born upon Valkyrie wings every night to the feast hall of Valhalla and celebrate with your fellow warriors and travail no more until the dawn brings anew your valor."

Lord Clisto

SirMichael

Lord Clisto of York,

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Sir Michael of Mentor
Knight Commander - Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem 
Pontis Mori Quam Foedari - Deus Lo Vult!

Lord Clisto of York

Thank you, good Sir Michael. It is well appreciated.