News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Vinyl Faerie Wings?

Started by Florimell, November 06, 2013, 10:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florimell

Hello, all.  I'm new to the forums and to the RenFest in general, but have some background in the Early Modern and Medieval eras (at least in terms of literature).

Anyways, I'm going to be making a second trip to the TRF in a few weeks, and am searching for a pair of faerie wings to complete my somewhat haphazard costume. I have decided to go with the vinyl look, and was unable to determine from the online listings if any of the fairy wing vendors have that style. The one that had pictures posted seem to be the more cloth-like style.  Does anyone know if there are any vendors at TRF who have vinyl wings? If not, I'm just going to go ahead and order some online to wear to Sherwood Forest next year.

Thanks in advance!

Tink

There was a vendor out there a few years ago that had beautiful vinyl wings, but I haven't seen them in a couple of years.  Unless I completely missed a vendor in my wanderings, I think the only wings out there right now are the stretchy net ones.  I do not know for sure, though, so if someone else knows better information, please chime in!  :)
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Florimell

Well, thank you for the info! I didn't see any when I was there earlier, but I was hoping that I missed them.

But if I order them online and then find some for sale when I go back later this month, well, that's just a convenient excuse to buy two pairs. :)

Sir Martin

Greetings, Florimell, and welcome to the R/F forum.  I don't know much about Faerie Wings, but if you have a Facebook account, you might contact these ladies and ask if they have what you are looking for.  They are located near the Glassblower's shoppe.

https://www.facebook.com/FairyEffects

Florimell

They didn't, but I was able to find another store that did this weekend.  I'd already purchased some online, but again, who doesn't need a back-up set of Fairy Wings?

Thanks for the suggestion, Sir Martin!