News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Name Tags

Started by Jon Foster, November 07, 2009, 01:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Foster

I'm not sure where the best place to post this question so it goes...

Where does everyone get the name tags they have on their garb? And how much do they generally cost?

Jon.

Grov

Which tags are you referring to?  I have been to specific events where blank wooden tags were provided with pens and we created our own on the spot. Various shapes and everything.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Jon Foster

Most of the people at the festivals around here have metal name tags. Most are about 3/8" high by about 1.5" long. They have their faire names carved into them and they pin them onto their hats, coats, sash etc. Let me see if I can find a picture...

Jon.

DeadBishop

Can't say I've seen anything like that around here, but I'm guessing there must be a local vendor that custom makes them if a large number of people are sporting them. 

R/F.com member since 2003

Grov

Perhaps they have a metalsmith in their circle that made them.  Were they all in a group in any way? Location, appearance, age group even? 
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

mehan

K. Dopita

sorry, at work and shouldn't even be posting - google or check MDRF website

RumbaRue

You can get wooden ones made from No Quarter Given:http://www.noquartergiven.net/collection.htm Look under the pins, they'll happily put your name on one.

Also, at our faires here in S. Calif. we have a vendor who does buttons on bone and can inscribe your name if you want. But I can't find their business card. If anyone knows who I am speaking of, please let us know.
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.