News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Morgan Dress

Started by LadyShadow, August 17, 2009, 11:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyShadow

Is anyone familiar with The Nameless Day and what type of dress a Morgan would wear?  I have been asked by a friend to try and make her a dress of this type.  She tried to explain it, but I'm a picture type of person.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

gem

Are you talking about the novel by Sara Douglass?  According to reviews, it looks like it's historical fantasy that takes place in 14th century (1300s) England.

Does that get you anywhere?

LadyShadow

No and all my searching led me there.  But it is supposed to be in line with the Celtic calendar.  And those born on the Nameless Day were sent off to become Morgan's or Merlin's.  But I wasnt given much more info than that.

LadyShadow

Thank you.  I might see if the online library has it.

McGuinness

By "Morgan", is she referring to Morgan le Fey/Morganna from the Arthurian Legends (Merlin, King Arthur, etc.)? You might want to try doing some image searches in Google or another search engine for terms based on that subject thread, maybe that would help. Sometimes craft stores also have catalog-style books of the halloween costume patterns they have that you can purchase, or you can take her to the craft store and sit her down in front of the big books they have and see if any are along the lines of what she is thinking of.

LadyShadow

I just might have to take her to a catalog and see what they have that is along the lines of what she wants.  She knows more about this subject than me.  But it seemed difficult for her to explain.  Oh well.  I'll get it figured out eventually.  Thank you everyone for the help.