News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fairy Fun

Started by LadyElizabeth, October 16, 2008, 10:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoowil

Quote from: LadyElizabeth on October 16, 2008, 11:50:23 AM
*red bud screams and runs away from bad pirates with evil sauces!!!*

You know, you could be literally a PURPLE DRAGON one year.... that would rock!  Wings would at least include you in the Fae world!  Then fairies would most certainly be terrified of you... unles your a good dragon like Puff... haha

everybody sing alonjg.. Puff the purple dragon, lived by the sea...
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

LadyElizabeth

So this weekend was a blast!!  We played with the fairies on Saturday, blew tons of bubbles for children, gave out tons of dragon tears and Snarffle eggs to fairies in training, tried to keep our adult Snarffles under control while they tried to beat each other to death (though snarffles are pretty squishy so they really don't hurt), then we made up Fairy baseball with a snarffle and parasol (which was actually one of the funnest things we came up with this weekend), and in general we played and had tons of fun!! Yeah for imagination and silliness!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Taarna

Quote from: Trillium on October 19, 2008, 12:07:44 PM
Welcome back Taarna!!
I've thought about y'all a few times, hoping you were alright after the storm.

Thank you Trill. We did evacuate, those were just memories I didn't wish to have. I'm sure you saw on the news San Leon was devistated.
My home did flood, but it still stands. We are currently relocated to an apartment in League City until my home is in livable condition again.

I managed to save MOST of my costuming and garb for TRF, RHPS, Halloween, ect, but most of my mundane clothing was claimed by yucky stuff.. LOL I guess you know where my priorities lie.  ;D

We will definately be attending at least one weekend, hoping for two, but I'll take whatever I can get. I NEED to go to trf, now more then ever!

Taarna
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

Blue66669

I tell my kids that fae are poisonous and will bite your face off if you give em half a chance....

Although, I have met one or two fae that spark my interest- the FIRE FAERIE!!!

*can we see that I have faerie issues?*
Blaidd Drwg

FaeHollow

I always go as a fairy! I was there this past weekend on sat and sunday! I love the magic I feel whne I haveon wings and glitter!
Leigh

Brother Presidio

Ah, Ember. Someone has to always bring up Ember...

LadyElizabeth

I adore Ember and her darling baby fairy!  She mentioned they would attend TRF a few times this season, so look for her and her little 'un!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Red the pirate

KiltedPrivateer

So, my two year old fell in love with the fairies opening weekend.  We bought her a pair of wings to go with her ruffle skirt.  Unfortunately, they are faire wings and are not the best quality.

Some questions:
1) Whats the best material to make wings out of
2) what is the best way to attach said wings to baby fairy

Thanks,

Michael
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

FaeHollow

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 29, 2008, 08:25:17 PM
So, my two year old fell in love with the fairies opening weekend.  We bought her a pair of wings to go with her ruffle skirt.  Unfortunately, they are faire wings and are not the best quality.

Some questions:
1) Whats the best material to make wings out of
2) what is the best way to attach said wings to baby fairy

Thanks,

Michael

Most are made out of wire and sheer nylon material... the hired faeries at faire have the cellophane wings which you can look up online they are gorgeous!

I make my own though! I make mine out of natural looking stuff because I don't fancy the butterfly  look! I make them out of leaves and  feathers and flowers. I like to blend in!

There are a ton of good websites out there for wings!

http://www.artofwings.com/fairy_wings.htm

http://www.fairylove.com/

this page has a bunch of links:  http://www.diylife.com/2007/10/20/make-your-own-fairy-wings/

and shameless plug just so you can see what my wings look like : http://faehollow.wordpress.com

as for the best way to attach the wings... elastic straps should hold pretty well but I say sew or tie on a ribbon on eachside of the bottom of the wings and tie it around the waist so that they don't fall off

anyway I hope that helps you!!!! Enjoy your little faery and raise her up in the faery way! :D nothing more fun than a little faery running around!

-----------
Elizabeth- I dug up your faery photos from 1001 dreams and you guys were so adorable! I saw you last weekend in your elizabeth garb and thought it was stunning! I am in a costume history course right now and we had just finished the renaissance period and learned about a headrail and i had no clue what it looked like from behind until I saw you out there!

I will be out there at highland fling dressed as a faery once again! This time My wood nymph friend and I are going to be the pets of 2 rather sulky royals... we have chains and everything. should be fun and interesting way to incorporate the renaissance world with the faery one! Don't quite know how I was captured! :D
Leigh

Brother Presidio

I dont know ember, but have seen her at the festival. She has a unique beauty thats hard to forget.

LadyElizabeth

Faehollow, I would not say my neckrail or whisk as some people call it is 100% accurate, but I tried to.  There are many different designs out there and I just did what actually worked. 

Being captured by royals would be very funny!!  Let us know what story you come up with!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Red the pirate

FaeHollow

ladyelizabeth: it looks fairly accurate from what i can tell I spotted it right away! It looks like the pictures I have on file of Elizabeth that we used for the course!
Leigh