News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My newest French Hood

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 07, 2008, 02:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

If anyone is interested here is a picture taken of me at CoRF on June 28th. This is in my new French Hood made by a forum member (LKoO) In the post New Garb I had on the black one she made, and this was another she made for me. I love this one more than the other, but that's not saying I do not in any way love the black one... I do.

http://www.pbase.com/nelsonc/image/99646300

http://www.pbase.com/nelsonc/image/99646302
With Toki

Also take note of my necklace as it was from Sapphire and Sage and I got it off their ebay site for about $40 less than the normal site. You cannot see it, but my girdle belt matches.

BTW thanks to Nelson who just joined the forum for taking those of Toki and I.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

gem

Wow.  Just... WOW!!!!  You look amazing, and Lady K's handiwork is incredible, and the jewelry is astounding... perfect, perfect, perfect... I can see why you're so in love with it!!

Lady Anne Clare

Absolutely stunning.  And that colour really suits you  :)
I love historical sewing for the lack of zippers ;)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

LOVELY INDEED, Lady de Laney!!!

You look so radiant and very REGAL!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Renee Buchanan

That hood is gorgeous, and you look beautiful!  Red is a wonderful color on you, Lady DL.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Taffy Saltwater

Simply exquisite - my compliments to your seamstress and to you for being such a lovely model.  You should make that shade of red your trademark - even if it's just a handkerchief.
Sveethot!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks everyone. Thank LKoO for the awesome seamstress. I know she has and is reading this and is very happy to see the compliments to her awesome work.

Honestly I was never a fan of wearing red. I'm a Blue, Green, Black person and I wear a lot of tan's. I was always told I look good in red. Even with my hair color change from dark brunette to the red/light brown the red seems to go well. So I must say it's my skin tone.

Thaanks again to all so far far about the nice compliments both to myself and to LKoO

She and I are planning out her next venture in garb making for us. Something in tan/bucksin color with emerald green and black and more Elizabethian and not Tudor, but I have not abandonded the Tudor look as it's my favorite.

HUZZAH to you all.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Taffy Saltwater

LK & I have been communicating about making me an early Italian gown.  She does do beautiful work.
Sveethot!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

AWWWW Shucks guys!!!  Thank you for the well wishes and HUZZAH! to Lady de Laney. She is a pleasure to work with!!! RED is her color!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

renren

That looks great!
Gotta agree, red is your color!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL