News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Holy cow!

Started by Sir Ironhead, May 31, 2012, 07:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Ironhead

Since I started going to faire, I've been told that I need to go to Scarborough.  I finally made it there this past weekend and words fail me.  I had an absolute blast.  From watching Kaboom burning holes in the shade at his show to Queen Margaret shakin' her moneymaker at a Tartanic show, I am unable to pick a favorite memory.

I would like to thank the following RFers for just being who you are: Sqirl, Blushing (and her blonde moment), both Merlins and Nim, Lady Kett and Sidekick, Al-Nimer and Don Juan and Dona Catalina (whom I'd never met but greeted me like a long lost friend).  There are probably more but your names escape me.  I showed up at the gate alone but never felt that way once inside.  You guys made the 1300 mile round trip drive more than worth it.

If someone were to ask me if I were going back, my answer would be not if but every chance I get.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Merlin the Elder

Holy cow, indeed, Sir Ironhead!  I didn't realize that it was your first Scarby, and now you're officially a Scarbite!  Dona Catalina has this way of drawing you right in and not turning loose until you're having the time of your life...she did that to me, and you see what I've become....

Truly glad you had such a marvelous time! 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Merlin

We have that effect on people.... you are always welcome to join us on Row 12 my friend !
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Lady Kett

It was great to meet see you again Sir Ironhead! ;) Glad you had a good time. I didn't know you were a Scarby virgin either. So now that you're not, come back next year!!!

And yes, Dona Catalina rocks, doesn't she? :) <3

SQiRL

It was indeed a pleasure meeting you this weekend.  I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.  :)

Al-Nimer

Indeed it was a pleasure to see you again (both days), and I'm glad you thoroughly enjoyed your first visit to Scarby!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

William the Braveheart

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on May 31, 2012, 07:23:27 PMYou guys made the 1300 mile round trip drive more than worth it.
QuoteWhere are you from?

I beat you by 200 miles on the round trip, putting 1571 miles on my car. From Pensacola to New Orleans to Dallas to Waxahachie and back to my driveway.   
"Consuming my enemies with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my arse"

DonaCatalina

It was great to finally meet you. I am glad you had a good time. I love our little shire and I want everyone else to love it too!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

A number of us met Sir Ironhead at the Colorado RenDezvous last year, and we all had such a great time, Doña. I wish you and the Don could have been there with us!

...and while we're on the subject of you, I wish to personally and publicly thank you for being such an extraordinary and essential part of Scarborough in my book. Perhaps not intentionally, you showed me how to turn off the shy and retiring geek, and turn on a friendly, albeit very old, wizard.

DonaCatalina

<embarrassed>

LOL
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Sir Ironhead

Quote from: William the Braveheart on June 01, 2012, 12:01:20 AM
Quote from: Sir Ironhead on May 31, 2012, 07:23:27 PMYou guys made the 1300 mile round trip drive more than worth it.
QuoteWhere are you from?

I beat you by 200 miles on the round trip, putting 1571 miles on my car. From Pensacola to New Orleans to Dallas to Waxahachie and back to my driveway.   

It is exactly 1310 miles from my partment in El Paso to the front gate of the faire at least according to Mapquest.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Blushing

Blonde moment?  Me?  Impossible.  I'm a brunette ... with some red mixed in for fun.  I NEVER forget anything ... now where was I?  ;D

It was good seeing again, Sir Ironhead, and hopefully we'll catch each other at another faire sometime soon.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~