News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Recipe help - coffee cake

Started by mehan, December 16, 2010, 08:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehan

I need a good and easy coffee cake recipe for christmas day at the in laws.  I dont' even care if it is "buy x-brand and put it on your own plate".   Just something to get me off the hook.  I work until 5PM on christmas eve and have to have it at the IL house by noon the next day. 

I do have a bread maker and I am not a slouch in the kitchen - I am just more of a savory cook than a sweet one - and tomorrow is my only day off  - so I have to shop for supplies tomorrow.    HELP!!!

Welsh Wench

Mehan--this one is super quick and tastes good too.

Bisquick Coffee Cake

First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Get your round, 9 x 1 ½ inch pan ready by greasing it.  Next, make your Streusel topping and set it aside:

1/3 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (you can add more if you want to)
2 tablespoons of margarine or butter

Mix the first three ingredients together. Then cut in the margarine with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.

For the batter you'll need:

2 cups of Bisquick
2 tablespoons of sugar
2/3 cup of milk
1 egg

Mix all the batter ingredients together and spread in your prepared pan. Now sprinkle that with the Streusel topping. Pop it in the oven and bake it for 18 to 22 minutes. It should look golden brown on top when it's done. Let it cool for just a few minutes so it will come out of the pan nicely, but to experience this coffee cake at it's best, it should really be served warm.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

mehan

Excellent - Thanks that's perfect. 

Lady Renee Buchanan

The Sunday after Christmas it's our turn to bring breakfast to our Sunday morning Cursillo Reunion Group.  This sounds like a great recipe.  Thanks for sharing it, Welsh Wench, &  thanks for asking for it, mehan.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Welsh Wench

Lady Renee Buchanan

Winner!  Winner!  Winner!

Although I was too sick to go to our breakfast & afterwards church, Steve ended up making the coffee cake this morning & bringing it. It was a definite hit. Usually Lynn freezes the leftovers just in case someone forgets it's his/her turn to bring the breakfast, & she can pull stuff out of the freezer, but I told Steve he had to bring some back for me!

There wasn't very much left, which attests to how much everyone enjoyed it.  And I thought it was delish, too.

Thanks, Wenchie!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

mehan

Ditto ditto..... pleased my hard to please MIL - Always a good thing. 

Knew I could count on my fairemly - Thanks WW

Molden

Ahhhh Wondermous Well and Goode! 'tis a bonny thing t' sail through th' Holidays in fyne shape. I lurvs a success story I does!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Welsh Wench

Ooh, glad it worked out for everyone!

I majored in Coffee Cake 101 in Home Ec!  ;)