News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Visiting from Sterling - October 30/31

Started by MMario, September 17, 2010, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMario

I am of the type to come early and stay to the bitter end....though as I get older the "bitter end" occurs earlier and earlier....

I've never understood the people who show up a couple hours after gate opens and leave before the gates close.

Is there a particular year for the faire?

ravic

Technically, it's the first year of Anne Boleyn's time but they don't really follow a "year", per se. They have Themed Weekends that use the premise of the queen's birthday & she decides what type of party she wants. You weekend with us will be All Hallows Eve, in which the weirdness descends upon TRF in full force.

MMario

knowing which Queen Henry is on in advance helps ....

lys1022

Quote from: ravic on September 20, 2010, 08:16:04 AM
Technically, it's the first year of Anne Boleyn's time but they don't really follow a "year", per se. They have Themed Weekends that use the premise of the queen's birthday & she decides what type of party she wants. You weekend with us will be All Hallows Eve, in which the weirdness descends upon TRF in full force.

Is that changing this year, then?  Because up til now Henry's wife has been Catherine of Aragon.  At least, that's the Queen I've always seen in the lanes.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

eldatari

Quote from: lys1022 on September 20, 2010, 09:05:50 PM

Is that changing this year, then?  Because up til now Henry's wife has been Catherine of Aragon.  At least, that's the Queen I've always seen in the lanes.

I believe that it is changing this year.  Don't know why.

LadyJessica

Quote from: eldatari on September 20, 2010, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: lys1022 on September 20, 2010, 09:05:50 PM

I believe that it is changing this year.  Don't know why.

I believe that the performer that played Catherine had real life issues that took her away from TX.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Blue66669

We will have a new Queen this year, Anne Boleyn. We also have a new actor playing the King. He's amazing, and everyone will LOVE what we're doing.
Blaidd Drwg

ravic

My understanding is that they are going to revisit the whole 6 wives cycle again.

eldatari

My must sees are:
     Sound & Fury
     Arsene
     Iris & Rose (trainwreck show)
     Circa Paleo
     Gypsy Dance Theatre

Blue66669

Quote from: ravic on September 20, 2010, 10:40:31 PM
My understanding is that they are going to revisit the whole 6 wives cycle again.

LOL, over the years, yes I'm sure they will. I mean, you can't have only one wife of Henry LOL!
Blaidd Drwg

rivver

Be sure to come to Pirates' Cove... there are several shops that are not to be missed...

Take your fine leather wear to the Royal Shine-- amazing leather care product there-- it will make old looking boots/bags/bodices... etc... look nearly new again-- (PC2)
http://ant-1.net/BootRub

The Salt Cellar is a bath salts and botanicals paradise-- himilayan bath salts along with herbs and spices all custom made to order in beautiful bottles! You can even make them yourself... NEW this year: Custom make your own gift basket!  (booth 509)
http://ant-1.net/SaltCellar

and

Faeries from the Swamp - One-of-a-kind, hand sculpted, faeries and enchanted beings.  Awesome little creatures who dwell in the swamp... (booth 510)
(http://ant-1.net/swamp.html)

MMario

grumble; grumble;grumble - long range forecast has gone from sunny to rainy - but temps still in the "hot" range for me....so .......

MMario

oh well - long range back to predicting sunny - so I am less grumpy.    Anyone want to chime in with opinions on what to see/do/eat? 

There is no way I am even going to have a chance to scan evrything so I am really hoping for opinions to help me make decisions  - - I already know I have to visit some fiber folk but I am told they are right near the gate...

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: MMario on October 19, 2010, 09:36:42 AM
oh well - long range back to predicting sunny - so I am less grumpy.    Anyone want to chime in with opinions on what to see/do/eat? 

There is no way I am even going to have a chance to scan evrything so I am really hoping for opinions to help me make decisions  - - I already know I have to visit some fiber folk but I am told they are right near the gate...

good Lord... where to start... Hmmmm... the R/F meet & greet, at the POW.  Then you can pick our brains in person....
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

MMario

hmmmm - I just noticed  something:

same number of stages as at sterling ; 60% more acreage...