News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FYI...some info on scarby gate procedures for this year

Started by MRinaldi, April 04, 2010, 08:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRinaldi

Just to let everyone know there have been a few changes to the gate procedures for scarby this year.

Season and FOF passes and are going to be scanned this year and will only let you in the gate once each day.

Everyone who goes out and would like to return will need to get a stamp. (I know some people wear expensive garb and/or are opposed to getting the stamp, so please plan accordingly.)

If you purchased your FOF or season pass on-line or will at the gate please get your photo pass the first day you come to faire, the on-line/temporary passes are only good for one entrance to the faire.

If you are purchasing Mythical Monster Museum tickets or passes for the wine tasting at the Cat n the Fiddle on-line, they are scannable at those locations we do not need them at the front gates.

Mike
One of the Highlanders at the gates
Scarborough Faire

eloquentXI

Thank you so much for the clarification! Getting my pass today at the Preview Event was very quick and efficient and the new cards are very spiffy! :)
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

SirRichardBear

Is there anything about getting stamped on the back of the hand as opposed to some place else?  I'm thinking that getting stamped on your palm instead there would be less risk getting ink on your sleeve.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

Quote from: SirRichardBear on April 05, 2010, 10:06:45 AM
Is there anything about getting stamped on the back of the hand as opposed to some place else?  I'm thinking that getting stamped on your palm instead there would be less risk getting ink on your sleeve.

last year they started stamping Don Juan and I on the palms to save his silk shirts. I can't imagine why they couldn't this year.  :)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

MRinaldi

since i normally work the exit gate, my preference would be some place easy to see but i have stamped backs of hands, palms, foreheads(they asked for it), necks, biceps, ankles and some other not so obvious places.
Scarborough Faire

CatAshtrophy

Do we still need to send in a picture for our Friends of Faire pass? I'm sure I'm missing something glaringly obvious on the website, but I couldn't figure out where to send it. Can somebody point me in the right direction please. Thanks.

Clarendon

I saw a couple of people having their pic taken at the souvenir shop outside the front gate on FOF day. I'm sure they will still be there opening day taking pics for IDs.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

MRinaldi

you can email the picture to SRFpics@gmail.com, or get it taken the first day you are at faire, if you had a picture pass last year you can email it to the above address with the following info - type of ticket purchased last year (Friend of the Faire or Season Ticket), type of ticket purchased this year, name on last year's ticket, name on this year's ticket, and a daytime phone number where we can contact you. 
Scarborough Faire