News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDevous hospitality table

Started by DonaCatalina, April 19, 2010, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

There is a concrete slab under some trees near the gate. Coy suggested that we put our table there for firmer footing out of the parking lot.
The problem I see is that it tends to be soft ground around the slab.

What do you guys think?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Nicolas-Antoine

With only a slight chance of rain during the week I would think it should be pretty dry.

eloquentXI

Quote from: DonaCatalina on April 19, 2010, 10:37:05 AM
There is a concrete slab under some trees near the gate. Coy suggested that we put our table there for firmer footing out of the parking lot.
The problem I see is that it tends to be soft ground around the slab.

What do you guys think?

People set tables up every week out in the parking lot, as long as it's dried up from the rain, we'll be fine.
And as far as I know it at this point, we're setting up the tables inbetween my truck and whoever elses rig gets out there with mine. first.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

LadyStitch

The concret slab by the gate, I belive, is for the"ridders of the iron horse"  to park their "horses".  There  are few things that make me cringe more than seeing a 30K+ motorcycle with custom paint fall down on the gravel.  ::shutters::

If the weather gods hold the tables should be fine, otherwise just get creative  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Al-Nimer

If the ground is really soft, I would suggest putting down some cheap boards under the table legs.  Maybe 1"x4" cut to the length between the legs on each end.  Heck, even old fence boards would work.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

VIII

The GM actually suggested 'beside the slab' as there might be Iron Horses parked on the slab.

The one problem I see is lugging coolers and tabel to-and-from the slab area as opposed to hefting stuff from your car-trunk or truck-bed.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Riot

yeah the slab out there is for iron horses
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Berit

There will be a tented area with some picnic tables NEXT TO the concrete slab.  All rendezvousers should feel free to make themselves at home there.

Berit of Miller

Blue66669

Thanks Berit!!! Once again, you've done us a "solid"!!!
Blaidd Drwg

DonaCatalina

I was so proud that my home Faire was chosen for RenDevous. I want to thank the Cast and Management of the Faire
for really stepping up and supporting this. You all have justified the choice of Scarborough Faire.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

bellevivre

SQUEEEE!!!! see everyone out there this morning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts