News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Role Models movie

Started by LordEustace, January 17, 2010, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEustace

have any of you seen this? it's hilarious, plus the characters attend a renaissance fair. It stars Sean William Scott, Paul Rudd, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Elisabeth Banks. one of my favorite films of all time.
I'm partially Scottish, partially Irish, and there's a small amount of Native American somewhere in there...

LadyShadow

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

ArielCallista

OMG its wonderful and hilarious!
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

serenamoonsilver

Actually, they attend a live-action roleplaying event (LARP).  But still its funny movie and rennies will enjoy it  :)

LordEustace

isn't that basically what we do? i mean, we have sword fights and stuff like they did, so it's more or less role-play.... right?
I'm partially Scottish, partially Irish, and there's a small amount of Native American somewhere in there...

serenamoonsilver

Quote from: LordEustace on January 29, 2010, 10:52:57 AM
isn't that basically what we do? i mean, we have sword fights and stuff like they did, so it's more or less role-play.... right?

More or less  ;)  But there are some real technical differences between the two.  Ren faires are open to the public, are more about the pagentary and entertainment, usually there is more concern about HA, dressing up and role-play are optional.  LARP tend to be closed events (you sign up before hand), tend to be purely fantasy, have strict rules on participant behavior, and dressing up and staying in character are required.  Both are tons of fun though!

LordEustace